Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help identifying this disc? I think it's a John Deere...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will Herring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Help identifying this disc? I think it's a John Deere... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm fairly certain it's an old John Deere disc. It's somewhere between 6 and 8 feet, and it has an actual sort of platform between the two tires.

cuttman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying this disc? I think it's a John Deere... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks to be an RWA John Deere.

Will Herring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying this disc? I think it's a John Deere... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

cuttman wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:12:41 10/03/12) Looks to be an RWA John Deere.

Excellent -- a google image search for this looks promising!

http://www.tractorshed.com/gallery/iphotos/i2654.jpg

It pulls pretty good behind a WD, except it trails to the side a little.

donjr
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying this disc? I think it's a John Deere... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John Deere RW

Will Herring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying this disc? I think it's a John Deere... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can you still get parts for this thing?

JMS./MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying this disc? I think it's a John Deere... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The platform is for placing rocks, railroad ties, etc....to make the sucker cut decently!

Will Herring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying this disc? I think it's a John Deere... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMS./MN wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:48:50 10/03/12) The platform is for placing rocks, railroad ties, etc....to make the sucker cut decently!

Does this thing cut freshly plowed dirt well? Or do I need to drop some serious weight on it?

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying this disc? I think it's a John Deere... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That trailing to the side probably is at least partly due to the mismatched tires, they need to be matched for a wheel carried disk to work corectly as they are what controls your cuting depth and a smaller tire will let that side cut deeper and pull harder so it will pull to the opposide. That disk is a non adjustable angle gang and the only way to adjust depth is with the wheels. It could also be a gang not fastened on correctly or something bent that makes it pull to the side. As for in fresh plowed groung you are going to have to hold it up with the wheels to keep it from going to deep for you to pull it. I would not own a non adjustable gang angle disk. Had a Burch at one time that was like that and traded it on a McCormick No. 37 disk and could pull one blade wider at all times as if you can set the gangs at the 2/3 rd setting for the first time over it will usually do a better job by going deeper taking less power and for finnishing use the 1/3rd setting. I dabble a bit now with machinery the Amish can use with there horses and I could not give away a disk like that, has to be the adjustable gang type. The anly time you would want weight on it would be to disk up corn stalks and then your tractor probably would not pull it. With that type of disk with your tractor should not be over a 6 blade on a side with a 7" blade spacing. And they will never cut sod.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Help identifying this disc? I think it's a John Deere... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JD RW/RWA were known for not being very good at leveling the soil. According to JDparts.com RW's were even ft sizes and RWA's were feet & inches size.
(A) FOR 7', 8', 9' RW, AND 5'10", 7'2", 8'6", 9'10" RWA.

(B) FOR 10', 12', 13', 14' RW AND 11'2", 12'6", 13'10" RWA.

cuttman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying this disc? I think it's a John Deere... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dean Bartels in Peosta,IA should have parts for that disk. I bought scrapers from him for mine. Very reasonable,Phone #563-580-5262 give him a call. Gregg

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.