Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

45 JD change to electric start

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ole Johnny
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: 45 JD change to electric start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Has anyone turned a early styled JD a model from hand crank to electruc start? Is there anyone with the necessary parts i could purchase??

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: 45 JD change to electric start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wasn't it you that I suggested electric start to and you posted a smart reply that it would be nice if you had the money? Maybe you should ask on the "wanna be puller" forum.

toot
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: 45 JD change to electric start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That wasnt necessary. People have hard times with finances sometimes.. doesnt make someone a "wanna be" anything. Dont take the post the wrong way sir, just wish everyone could just get along better on this board. Some of the fighting & fueding have really taken away from the purpose of having this.

Good Day,
Todd

John Deere guy !!

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: 45 JD change to electric start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dboll your name should be d-bag why would u even put that comment not everyone that pulls has to have a 15k dollar antique puller.. So what if someone is looking for an inexpensive route and just wants to have a little fun.. But in your words they r a wanna be.. U r a jack a**

730-LP
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: 45 JD change to electric start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you will need a starter bracket,starter and flywheel and battery.I have a starter bracket if interested e*mail is open.you can get a gear reduction starter off ebay for around $100.00

Tree Topper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: 45 JD change to electric start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

While were on the subject of starters on an A John Deere, I know this has been discussed before. Does anyone know if there is a reduction gear starter that will fit in a late model A that mounts under the tractor. I know that you can get one to mount on top of earlier models. I have G that I put a reduction gear starter on, and it works real good. Would like to find one for an A.
Have been having problems with the old factor starter. Thanks!

42 M
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: 45 JD change to electric start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a stock starter I will sell 50$. works good I turned mine into hand start.

Ole Johnny
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: 45 JD change to electric start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well "Dboy" I just might have found some money since you suggested that along time ago. and Besides, I wasnt being smart or trying to be an a** like you apparently are. So If you would, PLEASE refrain from commenting or even reading my posts, thank you!!

Ole Johnny
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: 45 JD change to electric start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have learned that I need the top plate, the flywheel, the starter, and a breather for the top plate since my original wont work on an electric start plate. I planon mounting the battery in front of the grille as I need weight there anyways.
If anyone has these parts please let me know.

GoJDpuller
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 45 JD change to electric start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got the parts also, where are you located?

Ole Johnny
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: 45 JD change to electric start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im located dead center of Kentucky If you woudl give me your e-mail address or your phone number, I can call or contact you.

Ole Johnny
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: 45 JD change to electric start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Please let me have your phone number or e-mail so i can contact you

Ole Johnny
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: 45 JD change to electric start Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am interested,, give me your phone number

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.