Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Name this tool.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephen Newell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Name this tool. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know what the thing is. We had a wrecker company haul our car home the other day and left this hook attached to the car. I would like to know what it is called so I can locate and buy one for myself.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Name this tool. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

its called a cluster hook

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Name this tool. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

heres a link
poke here

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Name this tool. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You now have one.

Revredneck
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Name this tool. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The title says "name this tool," so I'll recommend the name "Steve."
Good Luck and God Bless

Stephen Newell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Name this tool. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well its not mine and I'm going to return it to the guy. I've already called him and told him where he lost it.

Uncle Ernie
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Name this tool. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They call it that cause they use it when there is no where else to hook to when there has been a Cluster F**k...

Stephen Newell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Name this tool. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, It always helps to know what your shopping for. Nearly every vehicle I own has really no place to hook a tow chain. The cluster hook looks like what I've needed all along. I had just never seen one before.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Name this tool. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

there are hook points in the frames / uni-body rails on all vehicles. some round holes, some slots, for either the tee cluster, or hook type cluster. there are books that list vehicle type and hook points along with what type cluster hook you use. we have them in all our tow trucks. you can also get a bridle that has clusters on each end, then the winch line hook in the center, or, a bridle with j hooks.

Dan in North Houston
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Name this tool. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think Northern Tool has them in their catalog.

Bill46

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Name this tool. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a neat site....thanks.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: heres a picture Reply to specific post Reply with quote

here is a cluster/bridle and a j hook bridle set up

Photobucket
Untitled URL Link

Two Dogs
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Name this tool. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will he not tell you what it is? TDF

Ken Macfarlane
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Name this tool. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its a special took used by tow companies to tear slots in the frames of unibody cars when they aren't paying attention.

Stephen Newell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Name this tool. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I didn't think to ask and I seem to be getting a lot better info here anyway.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.