Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A Greyhound tractor and a Gaar Scott steam engine that we saw at the show at Heritage Park of Forest City, Iowa.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Forgot a side view of the Gaar Scott steam engine that we saw plowing at Heritage Park show of Forest City, IA.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There's a few Gaar Scotts around here,but you don't see a whole lot of Greyhounds do you?

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

rrlund,
Only Grey Hound that either me or my husband had ever seen. Wish we could have heard it running.

Last edited by SweetFeet on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
kruser
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gibson tractor

ray hofstetter
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How'd the other post get so wide? Anyways, here's one of my three Gravelys - 432, I also have a 430 and a 8183T. Pop likes the 432 the best ( He just turned 89 ).

RayP(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was going to suggest the Gibson, Gilson, Gar-Scott, but don't have pictures of any of them. And one of my friends has a nice running condition Gar-Scott, Has thrashed our oats with it several years.

ray hofstetter
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gleaner combine - took some guts to load that!

LeoinMI
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gramham Bradley. These were at the Gilmore Museum collection.

Wheat Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I remember those days as a kid, Most of the one I saw were drove on and the back wheels hanging down, but the header still on. that was in about 1950 +.

larry@stinescorners
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Never heard of one ,thanks for posting it.

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you know the Gibson was made in Longmont,Colorado?they used mostly vendor parts.The factory burned to the ground in'48,all records were lost along with most other'paperwork'.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ray hofstetter wrote:
Gleaner combine - took some guts to load that!

You ain't kiddin'!!!
I would love to think they loaded it with a crane, but then how would they unload it?
Do what you gotta do I guess!

J.Wondergem
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First I ever seen a Greyhound. Thanks for the pictures.

Scott-SD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: G tractor night - new post as other is WIDE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gray tractor, Gaar Scott and Greyhound Steamer at Forest city Iowa show.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.