Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mobility Big Dipper Loader

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coyote Green
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Mobility Big Dipper Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just go this Mobility Big Dipper Loader for only $700 the guy i got it from said it needed the carb cleaned. I got it started but it only ran for a few seconds and then quit. I got it home, cleaned the carb and now it runs great.
I haven't had any problems yet. It holds great oil presser and doesn't smoke at all.
The little thing lifts over 2000lbs. I would like to get AG tires on it because it doesn't have any traction with the pickup tires.
But it does have NEW rear tires and one completely rebuilt tilt cylinder.
One thing that i didn't like was the gas tank was under the hood.
It made it impossible to put gas in it and if any gas was dumped it went down on the exhaust manifold.
I ended up putting the gas tank under the seat, there was plenty of room because under the seat was a weight box that was full of sand. It was also full of water due to lack of drain hole and it was starting to rust bad.
I got everything cleaned out and the gas tank installed. It's a lot easier to fill and a lot safer.
I am also going to inclose the cap for the winter, but that's another post.

Has anyone ever had experience with one of these?

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Mobility Big Dipper Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Coyote Green wrote:
Has anyone ever had experience with one of these?

With good deals? Occasionally they pass my way! Wink
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with that machine.
Congratulations on the new loader!

Dalet
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Mobility Big Dipper Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

shouldn't be too hard to fix a hydraulic leak if you have one! It looks a bit crude, but I bet it will get work done right now!

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Mobility Big Dipper Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Traction tires may help some but not a lot. Those were for the most part designed to scoop up loose material on a concrete surface like fertilizer at a plant. Never were good for traction.

Rick

tomNE
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Mobility Big Dipper Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the local coop has had them for 35+yrs and uses them daily. very handy tool!

rusted nuts

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Mobility Big Dipper Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If your not going to put the sand back under the seat then I would put some fluid in them tires, With 2000 lbs that high, I wouln't want to upset it.

rusted nuts

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Mobility Big Dipper Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a Dana 60 driff. He may be able to get a poss. tract kit for it.

Coyote Green
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Mobility Big Dipper Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have two Massey Harris weights that weigh around 300lbs each, i am planing on setting one of them on the back, that's why i has the pipe out the back. Right now i am in the middle of inclosing the crash cab, i already have the windshield in and i am hoping to have the back window done this weekend. AG tires half to help, i know that these where not meant for digging and ect, but it does move piles of dirt well, and it drives just fine on rough/uneven ground. It also does good in loose dirt/sand ect, but tires with tread would help a LOT. I was going to put chains on it for now, but the tires are to close to the body and they wont fit.

kenny daugherty

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Mobility Big Dipper Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

any one know where to get a manual for the Big Dipper. I need U joints and other parts but no parts manual or no info on where to get the parts. thanks

BB64
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Mobility Big Dipper Loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have 4x4 model on LP ,1966 or 1965 and a parts book
wisconsin

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.