Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Model B idling rough

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CmCantarini
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Model B idling rough Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have been working on my 1948 model B lately. It starts right up and idles fine for about a minute then it starts idling from normal to a little above normal even when driving it. The plate the linkage hooks up to on the carb starts to turn by itself from open to close. i had the carb rebuilt and i put it back on today and it started right up with the choke pulled a little and sounded great and after pushing the choke back in it started to do the same thing. Any help or advice would save me a headache

Pappy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Model B idling rough Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Choices to fix the problem:

1-Poor fuel flow from tank to carburetor.
2-Carburetor partially clogged in idle circuit.
3-Carburetor not adjusted properly.

Consider these first before starting to throw parts at it. Have Fun!

Greenday
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Model B idling rough Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you talking about your RPM,s changing? If so it could be a govenor adjustment.

Kurt_JDB
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Model B idling rough Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could be that rod going from the carb to governor is binding somewhere. This will cause the governor to "hunt" Might be happening after the tractor has run for a bit because it is heat related. Anyway I would check your linkages carefully and see if it is rubbing on something, or maybe one of the ends is twisted or bent a little.

Kurt

CmCantarini
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Model B idling rough Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok thanks I will take a look. The governor arm does move when it changes Rpms at idling without touching the controls at all [/url]

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.