Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

unstyled a

View previous topic :: View next topic  
farmall green

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: unstyled a Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just wanting to know how rare is a split pedestal for an unstyled A ,hard to find, and how expensive one could b

Will P
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: unstyled a Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RARE.....they never made one.

farmall green

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: unstyled a Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have seen an unstyled a with a single tire in front,how is this accomplished

pbb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: unstyled a Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The unstyled A with the factory wide ant-eater front end is the one that brings the money.They only made a few.I seen the sheet one time on how many was made and what years.I think the first couple years there was just a hand full made.I have seen a wide front end only on ebay before and the guy wanted 15000 dollars for it. Look like to me if it wasnt on the tractor it came out on it wouldnt be worth it.If it was on a regular tractor it wouldnt be a number matching A W.I have seen unstyled A W in the ads for around 35000.As far as the factory A N i dont have a clue about them.

Will P
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: unstyled a Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is an AN. The whole front is one piece. You can not remove the single front wheel and put on a wide front. A split pedestals steering is two pieces. The top, and the bottom that bolts on. To change the unstyled front to anything else than a single front, you have to change the pedestal. Get it?

Will P
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: unstyled a Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is what you saw, the shaft is one piece.
single wheel front

Will P
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: unstyled a Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And here you will see a split pedestal yoke.
yoke

farmall gree

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: unstyled a Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is price range on a AN , thanks for the info

Will P
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: unstyled a Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No clue. Sorry.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.