Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JD M Fan Hub

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abrahamseven
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: JD M Fan Hub Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok, I bought a new Fan Hub for my John Deere M Model from the Smart Farmer on e bay, I just got around to installing it. Well, I will be darn, it is about 1/8 inch too long and the fan rubs on the radiator. My question is Where can I buy an original one new or have my old one fitted with a bearing so it won't need oil . I have tried o rings and such and it still leaks, I am at a loss. Any Ideas? Appreciate any comments.

steve

Hotflashjr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: JD M Fan Hub Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is it the fan they are selling on there that isn't stock and looks like
its off a kubota diesel?

Your local machine shop should be able to help you out and do
something to fit a sealed bearing in there one way or another. I
would think you would have to do some welding or changes to an
original fan assembly to make it work. I can't remember anyone
posting on here they have done that before.

leon
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: JD M Fan Hub Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As I recall I had a problem like that on my Super C Farmall when trying to use a new-manufactured will-fitter's hub with sealed bearings. I ended up returning that and got a replacement original hub. Incidentally, the hub in my Deere MT, and probably your M, look exactly like the one in my Super C. Follow the operator's manual for filling and draining the excess oil out of the hub and you may not have a problem

Tech 7
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: JD M Fan Hub Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Too late to help you now but the one I bought from this site a number of years back fit and worked well.

James Howell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: JD M Fan Hub Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Replaced the fan assembly on "Sam" one of our 51MTs.

Photobucket

Bought a new fan assembly from Sharp's Tractor.

It was a simple bolt on replacement.

Photobucket

Filled it with oil and no leaks to date.

Used Gates fan belts.

IMG_1032-1 Copy

Hope this helps.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: JD M Fan Hub Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think M & MT fans might be different and the repops may
not make both? I posted on here several times the oil seal
number I expoxed onto the back of my M fan and it sealed it
up.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.