Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tool bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie C.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Tool bar Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am looking for a tool bar for my ford 4000 tractor. There probably is a correct name for this implement but I don't know what the name would be other than a tool bar.

This is a bar that mounts on a three point hitch. The bar is about 2 inches square. You are able to bolt other attachments to the bar such as a ripper or a ducks foot(I know some one will comment on the ducks foot, when I was a kid that was what we called them)

If you do, would you please post some pictures of the set up and how the 3 point is bolted to the bar.

If I don't find one in the near feature I guess I will make one. That is the reason for the request for pictures.

What would a person expect to pay for a used one. From a privet person? Or from a Dealer?

Thanks
Charlie.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Tool bar Reply to specific post Reply with quote

are you talkin gabout a standard 11 hole drawbar?

or does this bar use the toplink as well..

Catskill Pete
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Tool bar Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like you are looking for 401-406 cultivator. Look on the NH parts web site for a 13-151 tool bar rear cultivator, they show a pretty good drawing of it. If you still need more info or measurements send me an e-mail and I can send some info.[I never did figure out how to post pics on here]

Sean in PA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Tool bar Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe something like this:

Toolbar

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Tool bar Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lots of different sizes of tool bars. Smaller ones
like 2" should almost be solid for use behind a
4000, unless you're only going to be doing light
work. I cut a damaged 4-row A-C corn planter down to
2 rows that used a 2" solid toolbar...on edge. Had
U-bolts that looked like V's to hold the brackets to
the bar. The 4 row cultivator I had used a 4"x6"
tool bar, with the 3-point brackets and parallel
linkage held on with large, squared off U-bolts.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Tool bar Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have exactly what you are looking for, 6' long built by Ford with the mounts built in and with 3 shanks that I would sell cheap. It is the rear unit from the 2 row cultivator for a Ford 700 tractor. Only problem is you are on other side of country from me here in Ohio.

Charlie C.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Tool bar Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for your help guys. Catskill had what I was looking for. I will check to see what the price is from the dealer than see if I can build one on the cheap.

I am pretty handy with a cutting torch and welder.

After posting this I got to really thinking this I may have most of this thing built. Some time back I built a trailer hitch for the tractor that used inserts as is on most pickups. So all I may have to build is the ripper part.

What I want this for is to rip up the ground around the property to give me a defense-able fire break.

I should have been doing this years ago but have not. After this past dry year I will be doing it.

Catskill Pete
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Tool bar Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes you"re right ,the 2 inch is a solid bar on the Fords.

36 Coupe
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Tool bar Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I made one years ago with a 5 foot square tube.Bought 5 spring cultivator shanks and brackets and shovels.I used it in place of a harrow.The shanks can be mounted along the bar.Made an A frame of flat stock.Cost 125.00 for steel and shanks.Steel cost a lot less back then.The square tube was the major cost.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.