Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guess I'm one of these now too

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Guess I'm one of these now too Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I never really liked the terminology "Old Farts"but this makes me feel better about it.And if you ain't one, I bet ya you know one!
I got this from an "Old Fart" friend of mine!
OLD FART PRIDEI'm passing this on as I did not want to be the only old fart receiving it. Actually, it's not a bad thing to be called, as you will see.•Old Farts are easy to spot at sporting events; during the playing of the National Anthem. Old Farts remove their caps and stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them.
•Old Farts remember World War II, Pearl Harbour , Guadalcanal , Normandy and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War, The Cold War, the Jet Age and the Moon Landing. They remember the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005, not to mention Vietnam .
•If you bump into an Old Fart on the sidewalk he will apologize. If you pass an Old Fart on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old Farts trust strangers and are courtly to women.
•Old Farts hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.
•Old Farts get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don't like any filth or dirty language on TV or in movies.
•Old Farts have moral courage and personal integrity. They seldom brag unless it's about their children or grandchildren.
•It's the Old Farts who know our great country is protected, not by politicians, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.

This country needs Old Farts with their work ethic, sense of responsibility, pride in their country and decent values.

We need them now more than ever.

Thank God for Old Farts!

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess I'm one of these now too Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great commentary Jon. I am 44, so I don't know if I am classified an old fart. I guess if I asked my kids they would say yes. Oh well, I like old farts too. LOL LOL
Kow Farmer (Kurt)

Billy Shafer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess I'm one of these now too Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am a 62 year OLD FART. We don't blame others for our problems.

PeteTheRookie
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess I'm one of these now too Reply to specific post Reply with quote

F.A.R.T.
Fathers
Against
Radical
Teenagers
Pete

hardscrabble
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess I'm one of these now too Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I must be a 61 year-old Fart. I try to converse with the younger generation, but most of the time I don"t know what they are talking about!

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess I'm one of these now too Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just turned 50 last month so I figure I qualify. Been holdin doors and takin my hat off for the national anthem all my life.

Walt Davies
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess I'm one of these now too Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dang at 74 I must be to young to be an Old Fart. My friend calls me an Old Gieser.
Walt

LenND
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess I'm one of these now too Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Jon, I remember those times in history. Man that time does go by. I hit the 80 mark last spring. Thanks. Len

NEKS
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess I'm one of these now too Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Us old farts remember what the town square was like before Walmart come to town. About to turn 69. Walmart has been here 32 years

BDT in Minnesota
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess I'm one of these now too Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jon, now you can get the caps labeled "Old Fart" for yourself and the matching "Old Fart's Wife" for the misses, if married..

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.