Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'51 A, original part??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike(NEOhio)

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: '51 A, original part?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There's a rod with threaded ends that runs through two ears on top of the power-trol housing under the battery box. The ends of the rods went through what looked like a home built brachet (that I cut off) that ran around the back of the battery box. No paint on it and it's rusted in pretty good.

Is this rod an original JD part or something added?

OK, I have pictures but can't figure out how to get them in here. Hope my description is enough.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: '51 A, original part?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some only had a foot pedal operated power lift.

Leonard Dacus
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: '51 A, original part?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If your tractor is a 51 mod. would not have foot operated lift. those were used on older tractors.
only one stud used to mount power-trol it is just long enough for nut,other are long bolts.
If your power-Trol has lever beside seat to operate lift,sounds like you have A add-on part.

Mike(NEOhio)

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: '51 A, original part?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It has a power-trol but this rod has nothing to do with it. If I could get a picture in here you would see it clearly.
Can you tell me how to get a .jpg image in theese posts?

RLA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: '51 A, original part?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know what you are talking about, But I've been
unable to find out exactly what it was for?

Years ago I bought 1950 cylclone B at a
auction .. It came equipted with some options
that I've seen befor one I had never seen..
It had the 1/2 rod under the battery box that
mounted a triangular heavy bracket to the
side of the box on the L/H side & a 5/8 rod
that came from the bracket & traveled all the
way down the draw bar support. This 5/8 rod
was only threaded on each end about 1" long
each end with should built into the rod so it
wouldn't pull threw the hole. This triangle
bracket had a couple extra square holes for
1/2 inch carriage bolts on the side & it was
molded around the back of the box about 1.5
inchs. It fit the battery box like a GLOVE.
On the right side of the box the threaded rod
came out through the hole between the battery
box mounting suport lugs on top the rock
shaft.
This rod then mounted a fancy heavy
manufactured Light Bracket that would allow
light to shine Right Rear of Tractor. None of
these parts appeared to be HOME MADE. I still
have the light bracket & lite that is a John
Deere rear Lamp. Just like the one mounted in
the back of the box. Both lights could be
adjusted where ever operater wanted them to
broadcast light.

I had asked at that time what this bracket was
for? I received no answer at the time. It is
NOT in the B or A Parts Book, my personal
conclusion since it was designed for other
mounting hardware or braces it was for a Cotten
Picker mounting super structer seat extension
or something?

Does this sound like anything you have?

Mike(NEOhio)

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: '51 A, original part?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like we're talking about the same rod. I just wish I could figure out how to put a picture into these posts.
What mine had was a frame running horizontally from the two sides around the back of the battery case. In the center of the back were two small ears welded on with a hole through them. It also had a pair of diagonal braces. It was made in three pieces and welded while on the tractor. There no nuts on the ends and could not take it off without cutting. No paint either so I'm sure it was home built. Almost looked as though it was for 3-point top link but much too light.

RLA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: '51 A, original part?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That to me almost sounds like something to help
support a aux hydraulic oil tank.. Did this
tractor have a Loader on it at one time??

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.