Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pawn shop find

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
G706
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: pawn shop find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Found this cool wrench for only $3 and couldn't resist adding to my tool box. Not sure I understand what they were thinking when they came up with this design. Metric on one end and English on the other? Smile

JOHNNYfromMI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: pawn shop find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One end for taking off...the other for puttin on!

Stick welding

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: pawn shop find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cause one "nut" is always a little bigger than the other one. LoL

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: pawn shop find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Three bucks??????

Been in maybe 3 pawn shops, never saw any point to it, they would have that tool marked $25, you could always buy new tools for what the pawn shops around here charge.

Cool find, by the way. Probably not the handiest tool in use with the 2 big ends, but cool.

--->Paul

BDT in Minnesota
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: pawn shop find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

one end is for the nut who is turning a nut on the other end..

Stephen Newell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: pawn shop find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you sure it was a pawn shop and not photoshop!

Tom in TN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: pawn shop find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

G706,

Congrats on your find. Like Paul said, I've never had much luck at pawn shops. Prices are usually way too high for my liking. I did find a set of chrome-plated 1/2 inch drive sockets one time for $25.00 or $30.00. No name tools, but I've used them a lot.

Thanks for the pic. That sure is a one-of-a-kind wrench.

Tom in TN

WGWKy2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: pawn shop find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can get twice the work done!.

L.C. Gray
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: pawn shop find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Never seen't a "double ender" Cresent b'fore...

Reckon thats for double nuttin'?

BDT in Minnesota
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: pawn shop find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Forged Diamalloy Steel

Diamond Tool and Horseshoe Company of Duluth, Mn

my quess,, as I purchased Diamond Tool products new... Good tools, and their horseshoes sure do have a nice ring to them...

Billy Shafer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: pawn shop find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would guess maybe for iron workers putting up buildings.Would have one less tool to carry around.

BIG ED
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: pawn shop find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can"t complain about pawn shops myself when I "did" a place at the flea market I was hooked up with 2.
One knew,and liked guns & jewlery,thought tools etc got the store dirty,plus knew little about tool value. I bought most of those things wholesale,some months half a pickup bed at a time.
Lot of people say most stuff is stolen,but this guy was tight with law,required photo I.D.,and took photo of seller.In that town the hot stuff went to a shop that did business DIFFRENT.
I got a computer generated invoice for everything I bought,and still have a file on them.
I"ve seen some pawn,pay off [or intrest] some items as long as a year??? Pickup 1 st,repawn late in month.
He had open records for LE,and held EVERYTHING at least 30 days.
Finally sold out to a retired banker,and I lost my "hook"

MarkWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: pawn shop find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

nice wrench, frequent 1 pawn shop that has bgin bin with all sockets .50 apiece, allways scrounge thru, find brand names,craftsman,proto mostly, got lot of sockets for little money,

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: pawn shop find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only thing wrong with that wrench is there is no hook for hanging it. That and I try to avoid using a crescent wrench at all costs, only as a last resort.

Sean Feeney
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: pawn shop find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sell it! There is one on E-bay now with 4 offers he wants $70

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.