Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1160 pics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: 1160 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got some pics of the 1160 but they were hard to get. The shed was so full that I couldn't get good pics. Want to thank nutty and the others for the info on what to look for, some of it was good some not so good but over all not bad. Will need new wood blocks in the walkers and some patching from wear through. The sieves look good tho and the drives all look real nice. All the belts and chains look good too.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 1160 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congrats for sure looks like a early generation 1160 but sure not a thing wrong with that, did he have the ops books by chance? if not a 1060 book and 1160 supplement book is what you need as no 1160 manuals were made, I see another Case machine in the background you buy that one too?? as you know the "bug" gets stronger the more you have LOL is she a long ways back to your house? just wondered if you are driving it or have to haul it? any sorry for all the ??? great to see her find a good home cnt

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 1160 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jon,
One question! I see a vertical exaust for one bank of the 318, and a horizontal for the other. Must be a field update LOL.
Loren.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1160 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

By the looks of the auger on the grain head it hasn't done too much work. Walker blocks if greased too much will wear fast. Years ago replaced those on my 1160. Also looks like the optional windshield wiper? There's a 1660 out west with both mufflers going straight up. Local exhaust pros bends new exhaust for me when needed.

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1160 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lets see, the combine is 200 miles from me. Haven't figured out how I'll get it home yet. There is a 660 in back of this shed that is for sale. He has 2 that he would sell. I think what you are seing tho is a couple of NI unisystems. They are not for sale. He has several other things that are for sale that I tookpics of and will try to post without getting zapped.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 1160 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the uni's I did see in one pic I could see a pickup reel and drive pulley that is Case I thought it looked like a 40" machine drive and then in the other pics I see why LOL I would like to have another 1970 model in my fleet maybe some day, this deal my friend and I are working on to get already boughten items home is becoming a real nightmare sure hope it is worth it cnt

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 1160 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AHH, you are corect sir!! That's a 120? I think. He told me but I can't remember. Is that a correct #? It's a 1xx something anyway.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 1160 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the last pic posted here,, must be the owner in the shot and the machine behind him, on better inspection I would still say a 660/960 size/type header, 600/700/900 also used this same hdr pretty sure its not a "SP 120 ect but could be wrong cnt

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 1160 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe thats the other 660 then. I think he said it had a strait header on it. Bet thats it.

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 1160 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dang Loren, I never even saw that til you mentioned it. That'll probly get me an extra mph if I decide to drive it home. lol

combinechris
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: 1160 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it is the other 660 combine. it is thethe other one we brought home to the one with the corn head they are 2 numbers apart and came from the same place

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.