Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1206SWMO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On Saturday I and two friends attended the Gene Miller sale at Pomona,KS...Over 30 MM tractors were selling..Sadly more than half of them sold for scrap..

1--G950 LP $2300
2--M-670 $1800
3--GB LP $1200
4--GVI MM Diesel $575 and headed for scrap
5--UB -didnt catch the price
6--Early UTS MM $700
7-- U LP didnt get price
8--Row of MM's
9--ZTS MM-didnt catch price
10--G-1000 MM LP $1300
11--UTS MM disel didnt get the price
12--GVI diesel MM on my trailer..I came to buy the 40 Cockshutt but didnt get it..The junker was a very nice guy and let me have the GVI for $125 profit..Its time wasnt up yet...They said it had been overhauled and never used.
14--My 1988 Ford F-350 with 460 and a 5 speed..
15--G-706 FWA $4400

Theres more pictures and results on the combine forum..The Olivers will be on the Oliver forum..

J.Wondergem
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Boy you wound up with a lot of tractor for the money.

minnemoblb
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hate to see any old iron go to the scrap nice to see you got one saved. I thought I had seen a RTU with a hitchor on the bill for this auction wondering if anybody else knows the price on it. Good luck on the GVI seems like a good buy to me.

oliver gets it done

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have a massey 95 i call it my sunday tractor it runs so fast in road gear i allways take it for a sunday ride . its gotten so the locals say there goes crazy fred on his tractor. it is completly restored when you get yours done im sure you will have a nice piece. take care

Molineone
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wish I was there, as always, those scrappers are just killing me...

Triple L Paints
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good looking GVI! Looks like you did the right thing bringing it home!

Is it just me or does it burn everyones elses rear end that the scrappers go and paint a huge "X" on the hoods, etc of equipment to mark them as theirs? It is bad enough to buy a good salvageable machine just to cut it up, but it seems ridiculous to paint that on them to scream "YUP, this piece of american history is headed to the oven!!!!" Was at an auction earlier this year and there were about 3 scrappers and about a 30mph wind. I was getting a good buzz from them painting up choppers and balers and plows. Sorry, i will jump off my soap box now Smile

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree completely.

Marti in mo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The rtu with 3pt brought $900 Marti

55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I often wonder why so many of these tractors were parked.

Is it: worn out?
owner too lazy to repair?
too small for the large farms?
repair parts not available?
(many other reasons?)

I suspect that the size needed for big farms is one of the main reasons.

Certainly the new ones with computers, etc., are harder to maintain and cost WAY MORE initially.
And by seeing all these auctions taking place that have these old tractors and implements around, there appears to be NO SHORTAGE of them. I know many people who are collecting old tractors in my area, then consider that against the whole country and there must be huge amounts of used stuff just parked and rusting away although not all is parked outside.

potsie33
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics. Did anyone else get out to this sale, curious to know what the ZTS went for.

minnemoblb
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Marti for the rtu price wish I could have made it I would have brought it home for that price.
I agree totaly with Triple L Paints I hate the X I wish we could stop the scrapers from going to auctions but that won't happen considering there the ones with the money. Its such a shame that saveable pieces of our history are being melted down and turned in foreign junk. Its a cryin shame the scrapers in general care more about money then seeing part of our history preserved for the next generation to see how we got to were we are today. Also so that my spoiled generation appreciates the comfort of modern equipment. To bad we can't band together and save all the old equipment no matter what color.
Sorry for ranting.

1206SWMO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sadly that "X" was probably on at least 30 tractors there..He got a GVI LP MM and a G-705 LP MM for $600 each..I should have bought one of them..It may not be too late to save them..

1206SWMO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with you..I've been to 4 big auctions this year and the scrappers are getting far too many antique tractors,combines,balers,implements,etc..

minnemoblb
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would be interested in saving one email should be open drop me a line on how i can get a hold of the scraper that bought them. Seems like he gave you a good deal on yours.

propanepuller

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Results On MM Tractors At Pomona,KS Sale Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A local scrap yard got about 100 antique tractors that were seized by the county. The first thing they did was smash them all to hell with their payloaders. I asked a guy why they did that. He said they are tired of guys stopping in to try and buy parts.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.