Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Birth of a Combine

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: The Birth of a Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sorry about the quality of these pics took them from a Case slide film, these are a 1160 being built in the Bettendorf combine plant cnt

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The Birth of a Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is great stuff!! For us guys that have run them forever and are still running them it's great to see! Where did you get the film, and is there any way to make a copy?!? One picture in there looks like a 1660 by the position of the rear ladder.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The Birth of a Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a pile of these slide films and so far have had no luck getting them copied around here, I have several different model combines films, they come with a record telling about each pic as you go I will try another one after I clean my projector a bit more, also will post pics of the projector and film boxes for those who have never seen them cnt

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The Birth of a Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bro,
That's totally XXX. Nice filmstrip. I gotta call you and find out how to post them. I have bunches with the "long play vinyl records" that beeped when it was time to turn to the next frame. Not sure if the projector/ record player still works, but the film strips and records are still in their original box sets.
Loren

mike plotner
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The Birth of a Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my brother has a video about how deere makes the new combines. it also had a bunch of stuff about the old 95's and such. it even included deere day 1965. i think the older stuff is WAAAYYY better. espacially if it is Case!

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The Birth of a Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you tried Walmart? I had a bunch of 35mm slides put on a disc pretty cheap there.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The Birth of a Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Loren, I have three different projectors this one I think may be the newest style that I have seen, we had one just like it that was lost in the shop fire, I did not post every pic here from the slide, I am trying at the moment to clean the lenses a bit better and it may bring out the color better when it gets dark, one thing I really like about these is a large amount of the pics were never in the sales lit, I will see about doing a couple more every so often cnt tom

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Birth of a Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tim these are 35mm film strips not slides the trouble they tell me is finding a film strip machine to do the transfer with, tom

Ron Sa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The Birth of a Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Google-- film to dvd transfer (your state)-- and a lot of choices come up for professional services. Here is one example for Montana.

http://www.scandigital.com/local/montana.php

I have done this for 8mm and VHS. Not cheap but reasonable priced here in Illinois.

tractor300

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: The Birth of a Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In-laws had some 35 film transfered to CD not to long ago. I think they said they had to send it someplace in Texas. Can't remember where, but the local shop told them that was the only place they knew to get it done.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Birth of a Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those are great to see and if a pic is worth a thousand words as they say you have a library there. Thanks for sharing, Rod.

Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Birth of a Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Awesome! Thanks for sharing Tom, Loren my wife is always teasing me about my tractor por*

Jim in Sask
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The Birth of a Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Case Nutty and others: To convert slides and negatives to digital I bought one of these little devices at Staples about 3 years ago, worked well. I converted about 2,000 slides with it. It uses a regular camera SD card which you can then put on your computer. I think it cost about $70 at the time.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Birth of a Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank You Jim I will lookin to it!! cnt

Eldo case
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: The Birth of a Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the photo's! I remember as a little kid going with my uncle to a case dealer and watching a case-o-matic promotional film. It seems like they hooked to other tractors and even a dozer, too long ago. It was a big deal at the dealer. Like I said I was small then it would be nice to see it again after all of these years.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.