Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1959 800 caseomatic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gene watkins
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: 1959 800 caseomatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

how can i ck distributor cap. have spark from coil,but nothing coming out of cap have good spark at points.how to ck condenser? is a wico distributor. case wants $72.00 for anew cap. didnt buy it

Jim McVay
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 1959 800 caseomatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The rotor below the cap transmits the fire from the coil post to cylinder posts. Also make sure it is turning

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 800 caseomatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

$72.00 is robbery. Go to your local auto parts store and get a cap. It should be an Autolite distributor. I think mine was $8.00 and change last year.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 800 caseomatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We fought that same thing on my son's 870 gas. Would run good for about an hour, then give fits. Finally put in new rotor only and made a different tractor out of it.

INCase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 800 caseomatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

are you sure its a wico?? most of them had autolite/prestolite dist. 1961 730 had a wico. Wico parts are more expensive and harder to find. Napa should be able to get one... although.. belt for my 800 was $8 less at Case than napa.

I would replace the condenser.. often go bad and if its not it you'll likely need it sooner or later anyway.. had one that wouldn't start until a new condenser.

Dodgeit
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 800 caseomatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bret4207 wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:46:09 10/08/12) $72.00 is robbery. Go to your local auto parts store and get a cap. It should be an Autolite distributor. I think mine was $8.00 and change last year.

The distributors on that vintage 700 & 800 were in fact WICO and not Autolite. Not sure of the fitment between the two.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 800 caseomatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fact is my 811B is a 58 or 59 and it has an Autolite. Big "AUTOLITE" tag right on it. That's what the fact is. My shop manuals show an Autolite too, never noticed a WICO.

Last edited by Bret4207 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Dodgeit
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 800 caseomatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bret4207 wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:13:31 10/11/12) Fact is my 811B is a 58 or 59 and it has an Autolite. Big "AUTOLITE" tag right on it. That's what the fact is. My shop manuals show an Autolite too, never noticed a WICO.

The only option my CASE 700 / 800 series parts manual gives is WICO.

There were Autolites used in the 200b, 300b, 400b, 500b, 600b. Plenty of discrepancies in shop manuals as they were used across the board for like tractors, with changes made to reflect the individual model differences. Small things like how to adjust or trouble shoot a distributor, were left as is, unless there was a different proceedure for doing so.

In my experiance the parts books are right and the service manuals will print the right proceedure for a particular tractor while showing the picture of a different model tractor or manufacturer. For example the service manual shows a picture of adjusting an Autolite distributor on a 200b. The proceedure is the same across the board, so that section is not edited for the 300 , 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900 series service manuals.

I'm never too old to learn something new though, and was not trying to be snotty with my reply.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 800 caseomatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just looked at my neighbors 700 gasser and it has an Autolite too. Apparently your book is wrong.

Dodgeit
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: 1959 800 caseomatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bret4207 wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:14:00 10/11/12)
I just looked at my neighbors 700 gasser and it has an Autolite too. Apparently your book is wrong.

I stand corrected. I went to CaseIH site and looked on the parts listing there, and there is a listing for an Autolite distributor and a Wico. My 711b has a WICO and the original 1959 parts book that came with it, only lists WICO. I quess at some point they updated to use Autolites as well.

So I quess we would both be correct, in what we said about using one or the other just not exclusively one over the other.

Here's the CASE IH link listing both.

http://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr02-46

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.