Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What I Saw Today, Portland Tn.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: What I Saw Today, Portland Tn. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, it's late Sunday night. I was to tired to do anything late last night as I'd just gotten home form the show in Portland and only downloaded the files from my SD card to the hard drive this afternoon after lunch, after church. I had to go through the files and delete some that weren't fit to post (duplicates or to dark to see inside the museum) Dan and I left after he'd gotten here form Sardis Friday night and drove to his Aunt Loretta's home in Nashville to spend the night as it is only 51 miles from there to Portland. Rain and cold weather were in the forecast and it rained heavy during the night in Nashvile. We got up and ate a good breakfast with Loretta and Karl (Dan's uncle) and were on our way a little late. It was still raining and dreary when we pulled out of their driveway. The weather cleared long before we got to Portland, northeast of Nashville near the Kentucky line. It's well located near north central Tennessee and south central Kentucky, just off I-65. The site has a fast railroad track going down the west side of it and every time a train would go down the track and blow it's horn, the steam traction engines would reply with their whistles. I'm opnly going to post a few photos and videos tonight and the rest tomorrow. I'll try to add more dialog. I hope the show in portland grows over the years. It turned out to be more than I expected and, I see a lot of possibilities there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

the video is of a Keck engine going by
Keck Gonnerman engine

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Portland Tn. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The second photo is of a couple lady's (just sitting and talking, I thought) They were talking live to a local radio station and invited me to sit down and talk to them. I was asked to put on a head set and I knew I was in trouble then but, I think I did OK.
The first photo is of the Keck going around a corner.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Video is of Bluegrass under the Pavillion shelter
I like good Bluegrass. If I listen long enough, I can imagine someone dancing clogging or buck dancing. Toe tapping, good feeling, heart warming music (it's in my genes)My mother's father was a wedding dancer back from 1910 to 1930 in the Boot Heel of Missouri. Before and after it was ditched and drained by the Corp of Engineers
Bluegrass under the Pavilion

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Portland Tn. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you like the photos and videos, please do me the honor of loging on and posting a comment or if you have a problem with one or more of my posts, log on and make a complaint. Either way, let me know something

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was sorgum molassas being made at the show. This is the juice being cooked off from the stlaks being squeezed

Photobucket

Photobucket

The video is of soap suds in the cooling tower
Soap in the engine radiator

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Portland Tn. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

video is of big tractor going by.
Big tractor going by

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Portland Tn. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Video is of Fairbanks Morse engine
Fairbanks Morse engine with water pump

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Portland Tn. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Video is of little engine running
Little engine running

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Portland Tn. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Video is of garden tractor pulling
Garden tractor pull

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Portland Tn. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

DScott's tractors 1934 "A" and 1935 "B"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Video is of big Nichols and Shepard engine

Photobucket
Nichols and Shepard engine

Paul from MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Portland Tn. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Walt,
I really enjoy your pictures. You seem to have the knack of picking out the unusual and in teresting to post on yt mag. Keep 'em coming.

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Portland Tn. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Video is of young lady singing at the pavillion
Young lady singing at the pavillion

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Portland Tn. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Next photos are of the inside of the museum

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This next photo is of a refrigerator that uses heat to cool. You heat the ball to the right and it cools the ball inside the box and makes ice also.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Video is of big Allis Chalmers tractor
Big Allis Chalmers tractor

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Portland Tn. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

johndeerefan and his family

Photobucket

Photobucket

Video is of Big Cat "60" being worked on while it's running
Big Cat

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Portland Tn. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check out this video from east of the Blue Ridge mountains
Makes your heart smile
Flat footing

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Portland Tn. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow!Great photos and videos.Thanks for posting!Steve

B Duncan
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Portland Tn. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great pictures as usual!!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.