Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Case 830 - What Model Was This?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plowin4fun

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Case 830 - What Model Was This? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As a kid, I used to help my grandfather on the farm in Kansas. He had an 830 Case tractor we plowed and drilled wheat with. I have no idea what model of 830 this tractor was. This is what I remember. The tractor had a solid front end, sat low, had round rear fenders that totally protected you from the back tires, was case-o-matic (lever below steering wheel), had the diesel tank in front of the steering wheel, the air cleaner intake went through the hood (in front) and not up the engine side, had power steering, had a 4 cylinder diesel engine. I believe it had both a hand and foot accelerator. This tractor was set up for only pulling and did NOT have 3-point. I believe it had PTO. At that time my mind was on girls and not the tractor I was driving.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Case 830 - What Model Was This? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

this is what I would say he had cnt

Plowin4fun

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Case 830 - What Model Was This? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That looks like it. Is it called a "Wheatland" or "Western?"

Thanks.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Case 830 - What Model Was This? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

a "Western Special" cnt

Nedd
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Case 830 - What Model Was This? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was there any "high tin work" western specials? Made in 63/64, before the switch to comfort kings. He indicated the air cleaner was up front, not out the side.

Where was the fuel tank? in front of the steering would be 830 behind would have been 930.

55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 830 - What Model Was This? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That couldn't be it if the air cleaner pipe went up through the hood. The Western Special had the air cleaner off to the left side of the hood.

If it was a Western Special the model number on the serial number plate would likely have been 832.

Dad's last tractor before his retirement was an 832 Western Special.

55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 830 - What Model Was This? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi CNT,

Do you have any original literature on the 830 (like you show here) that you would be willing to sell or know where I could buy some like that?

I drove one like that for many hours as a young guy and it would be awesome to sort of "re-live" some of that time!!

Thanks from an old guy who loves CASE.

Plowin4fun
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 830 - What Model Was This? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I remember an extra push button for the starter on the right front panel of the tractor. You could push the button and shoot some ether into the intake from the front. Maybe he added that. That is why I remember the intake going through the hood. You could start the engine from the seat or the front of the tractor. Around 1963 or 1964 is probably right for the year.

Racine
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 830 - What Model Was This? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi plowin for fun

Interested to see your query regarding the early model "830" tractor, these came into being right after the "400" tractors finished,prior to the release of the " Comfort King" 830's. As far as I know there was only one or two of these came to New Zealand, my late collector friend has an early one ( the same as the photo. )

Regards

Alan T. Lewis
"Racine"
Christchurch
NEW ZEALAND

Jason Kozlowski
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 830 - What Model Was This? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tractor had to be a 1963-1964 Case 832C.

55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 830 - What Model Was This? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I should have added that Dad's 832 Western Special was bought new in 1962 and by serial number list on page 202 from the book by Tom Stonehouse and Eldon Brumbaugh, it matches the 1962 serial number range.

55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 830 - What Model Was This? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The ether was likely an add-on. I remember Dad's had a button to push which turned on a heater in the intake manifold to heat the air before you pressed the starter button. This was to help with starting in cold temperatures.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 830 - What Model Was This? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He said the air cleaner went thru the hood, so would be a little newer.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Case 830 - What Model Was This? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ron I do not have any for sale sorry, this scan is from a 1960 Canadian Buyer's guide their are some guy's who deal in paper, I think I got this one from Bradley Martin cnt

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.