Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some schoolin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Need some schoolin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey, I am still learning and need a little help. I have my tractor's original manual (awesome), and I did pickup the I&T Shop repair manual.

I have some Qs about my rear cultivators (tool bar?) & about the front mounted cultivators for my 200. I own the rear bar pictured below but only have one cuff + wedge bolt and NO shanks. Here is where everything is murky for me. I know I need 2 more cuffs/bolts and 3 shanks. Got plenty of the shoes. I just want to make sure I will be searching for the correct parts this fall/winter.

The cuff # is 512387 R3 & looks like it takes a 1 1/4" shank size. Have no idea the # for the shanks. Would I be looking at purchasing the "200 Implements Parts Manual" to cover these Qs?

Also would the front cultivators be included in that same manual? How many shanks does it hold etc? I assume the "200 Parts Manual" will only cover parts for the tractor only...

Thanks for any help!!

Achodges1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some schoolin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The rear toolbar should have three shanks one behind each wheel and one in the middle (two row). Most of the parts will interchange with the C or SC. The front cutivators are interchangble but since you have a fasthitch rear bar don't know if the clamps will interchange. I see the shanks on E-Bay alot. The fronts usually have 4 shanks for each row total of eight.

Lucid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some schoolin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

achodges1 wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:16:08 10/08/12) The rear toolbar should have three shanks one behind each wheel and one in the middle (two row). Most of the parts will interchange with the C or SC. The front cutivators are interchangble but since you have a fasthitch rear bar don't know if the clamps will interchange. I see the shanks on E-Bay alot. The fronts usually have 4 shanks for each row total of eight.

Thanks for the info Achodges1, good to know more about the fronts. Kinda confusing just looking at pics online. Probably will pick up an Implement Parts manual asap funds allow. Like buying a thick programming book lol.

Lucid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some schoolin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One other thing that got me scratching my head. I see on ebay a "Middle / Row buster" like I have, but where/how does it attach to the tractor? Included a pic of one of mine I have currently.

Dean Olson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some schoolin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have that rear cultivator assembly pictured. The parts you need
are common and I believe Agri Supply will have new chinese copies.

The front cultivator assemblies are the same for the C,SC, and the 200.

I have at least 1 complete set of cultivators and lots of extra parts. I'm just outside Houston TX.

Dean Olson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some schoolin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The manual your looking for is: FCI-1A and FCI-2. These are available at Binder books.
It covers all the mounted and fast hitch implements that fit the C,SC,& 200.

I don't think that tool bar goes on a 200. Seems to me that is for an A,SA or maybe a
cub.

Lucid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some schoolin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dean Olson wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:04:55 10/08/12) The manual your looking for is: FCI-1A and FCI-2. These are available at Binder books.
It covers all the mounted and fast hitch implements that fit the C,SC,& 200.

I don't think that tool bar goes on a 200. Seems to me that is for an A,SA or maybe a
cub.

Dean, much appreciate you posting those pics. Really helps me visualize.

Weird enough... I was searching the net for seed plates and found this:

O_o

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.