Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harbor Freight tire changer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
modyinnh
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Harbor Freight tire changer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I always wondered how that HF tire changer was? Have you had it awhile?

tesmith66
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor Freight tire changer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got one 3 or 4 years ago and have been doing my own tire changes ever since. I also got the bubble balancer and have been impressed. I use stick-on weights from Oreilly's (big box of em was $30, still have plenty).

It takes some muscle and lots of lubricant, but it's pretty easy. Don't use it on high-dollar show car wheels, but your daily drivers and trailers (and wallet) will benefit. I even use it on 8 ply truck tires. 10 ply might be too much. The bubble balancer does a fantastic job, even on the 17" wheels on my wife's Tahoe. Haven't had any complaints yet.

The biggest problem I had was finding a place to mount it. I ended up putting drop-in anchors in the floor that accept bolts so I can remove it when not in use. I just screw short bolts into the holes when I remove it to keep junk out of them.

It's been a real money and time saver for a multiple vehicle and trailer owner like myself.

Phlash in OK
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor Freight tire changer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have had and used one for several years. Like most
China metal it bends under pressure but for the
price it has saved me a lot of money in tire
repairs

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor Freight tire changer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i've got one.

It's done alot of 13, 15 and 16" wheels for me. i made up a spacer plate and have done 19's as well as centerles blank style rims.

worth the money...

modyinnh
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor Freight tire changer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

would that be the $1800 or the $40 one? and thanks for the response btw.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor Freight tire changer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

havn't seen an 1800$ one.. only seen a cheap one.. 35-40$ or so.

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor Freight tire changer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

modyinnh wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:03:18 10/10/12) would that be the $1800 or the $40 one? and thanks for the response btw.

If you are considering the $1800 changer I would suggest you look here before buying: Greg Smith Equipment. Much larger selection of "Made in China" tire changers and better prices. I purchased one of their "Made in China" two post lifts several years ago and I am quite pleased with the quality and price of the lift as well as their sales, shipping, and support.

TOH

Last edited by TheOldHokie on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:50 am; edited 4 times in total
tesmith66
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor Freight tire changer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I now have a very bad case of shop envy.

modyinnh
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Harbor Freight tire changer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice. That's the one I was hoping you were referring to.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.