Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sears Garden Tractor Equipment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny Helton
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Sears Garden Tractor Equipment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Has there anybody on here tried to adapt sears equipment to a 1200 Cub Cadet.Thanks

steve_in_mo

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Garden Tractor Equipment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Sears equipment uses a smaller-than-Category-O three point system but you probably already knew that.

The easiest way would be to buy a Sears tractor.

The next easiest way would be to cut off the back of a Sears tractor frame, weld up some brackets, install the Sears three-point setup and bolt it all to the back of the CC.

ShadetreeRet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Garden Tractor Equipment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why ruin a good tractor frame? Since fabricating is required anyway, simply look at how a Sears tractor is made and fabricate a hitch attachment. Or use bushings to adapt the hitch pins on the Sears equipment to the CC.

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Sears Garden Tractor Equipment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I made this hitch adapter so the plow off my Viking walk behind garden would mount on my Ward's tractor that has a sleeve hitch. I also made this H hitch so I can tow my lawn cart and log splitter with the sleeve hitch. Hal

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Sears Garden Tractor Equipment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here are more pics of the plow adapter hitch. Hal
PS: The depth control lever came with the plow.

steve_in_mo

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Sears Garden Tractor Equipment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are right, but there are a lot of those old frames around.

t.r.k.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Garden Tractor Equipment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

To add to what Steve_in_Mo said, If you look at the archived photos on some of the Cub Cadet websites, you should be able to find 2 or 3 CCs that have had the Sears 3-point added to them. Apparently, the rear plate the 3-point bolts on is removeable on some Sears models and can be bolted between the frame rails of-I Think-a narrow frame Cub Cadet. Bolting them in is lots better than welding all kinds of crap to a rather collectable tractor frame.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.