Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ALLIS CHALMERS TRACTOR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KEVIN M. DRISCOLL SR.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: ALLIS CHALMERS TRACTOR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

PLEASE HELP...I AM TRYING TO DETERMINE THE AGE OF MY
"NEW" ALLIS CHALMERS "B" TRACTOR. IT IS A CRANK START MODEL WITH A 4 CYLINDER ENGINE AND 3 SPEED TRANSMISSION. THERE ARE NO IDENTIFYING MARKINGS EXCEPT FOR A NUMBER STAMPED INTO THE COVER OF THE TRANSMISSION NEAR THE FUEL TANK. THESE NUMBERS ARE: B 31202. THERE ARE ALSO NUMBERS ON THE REAR AXEL COVER. THESE ARE AM 2787-9. I HAVEN'T FOUND A CHART THAT DECODES THESE NUMBERS. PLEASE HELP!

DiyDave

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: ALLIS CHALMERS TRACTOR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go to the left side of the page, here, click on the blue serial numbers line, in the research and info section. Oh, and if you use all caps, people think you are yelling.

Lonnie Smith
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ALLIS CHALMERS TRACTOR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ted J
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ALLIS CHALMERS TRACTOR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Using caps once in a while denotes something to be accented. Using ALL caps means you are yelling at everyone. Take your Caps Lock OFF!
The B 31202 means that your Allis is a 1939 model. Two years older than my 1941 C.
The number AM 2787-9 is the PART number that was put in by the factory.
ENJOY your Allis, they are FUN!

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: ALLIS CHALMERS TRACTOR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

kevin,
this film is on a wd-45, as i could not find a good film on the wd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYH3q9nJ-fc

but well worth the watch, they were great old tractors,

i had a D-14 that was Suppose to replace the wd-45, but it would not do it.

just understand the old AC tractors did not have a (live clutch) they had a hand clutch to run the roto baler and combine,

but, for a bush hog the pto must be stopped for you to change gears forward to reverse and back.

with a bush hog, it take the hog a while to stop turning the pto shaft, and the tractor can be hard or not be able to shift until the pto shaft stops turning.

this is the only problem i ever had with the old D-14, otherwise i liked it.

however it worked better with snap couple equip.

Will Herring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ALLIS CHALMERS TRACTOR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

maxwell99 wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:32:04 10/08/12)
but, for a bush hog the pto must be stopped for you to change gears forward to reverse and back.

with a bush hog, it take the hog a while to stop turning the pto shaft, and the tractor can be hard or not be able to shift until the pto shaft stops turning.

I take it this is true with a WD as well? You can take the machine out of gear with the PTO still turning, but you can't shift it back in to another gear?

I can believe that. They can be notoriously fickle to shift as it is, it seems.

David R Inman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ALLIS CHALMERS TRACTOR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AC/ some may have calmed the D14 was to replace the WD45, but considering it was the D17 that used essentially the same block as the WD45, I'd say it's the 45's replacement. Even our D15 seams to be out pulled by our 45's, which makes sense, given Nebraska data.

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: ALLIS CHALMERS TRACTOR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I sure would like to find a dash 9 block like you have. If you have a problem with making it run I would do a rebuilt engine trade for it. Having a 1939 should have a dash 10 if early or a dash 11 for most.

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Sorry Missed where the dash ( Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I missed on the first read where the dash 9 was located. I still would like a dash 9 block if one is open for trade.

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: ALLIS CHALMERS TRACTOR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, once you know the operation of a WD or WD-45, you know NOT to take it out of gear until you have the PTO Stopped...
All you need to do is push in on the Foot clutch and ride both Brakes, to force the PTO to Stop..
You also NEVER engage the PTO without the transmission in Gear first..to keep from clashing the PTO Gears..

Ron..

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ALLIS CHALMERS TRACTOR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, once you know the operation of a WD or WD-45, you know NOT to take it out of gear until you have the PTO Stopped...
All you need to do is push in on the Foot clutch and ride both Brakes, to force the PTO to Stop..
You also NEVER engage the PTO without the transmission in Gear first (and standing still)..to keep from clashing the PTO Gears..

Ron..

Will Herring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: ALLIS CHALMERS TRACTOR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BushogPapa wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:56:13 10/09/12) Well, once you know the operation of a WD or WD-45, you know NOT to take it out of gear until you have the PTO Stopped...
You also NEVER engage the PTO without the transmission in Gear first..to keep from clashing the PTO Gears..

Ron..

Good to know, actually. Thanks.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.