Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M Belly Pump

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard I.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: M Belly Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guy at work suggested I ask here, my buddy and I were getting the last bit of hay bailed for the year when his M threw a rod. My M doesnt have a belly pump, so we put his pump in my tractor. Now, this pump wont hold up the hydraulics on the baler. (Sorry I dont know all the technical terms here, nor do I know the type of baler it is, it just makes square bales is all I know) You pull the lever back, baler comes up, then goes down. Everything we put on my tractor came straight off of his, pump, lever, everything needed for the hydraulics. We though maybe we lost enough fluid to keep it from holding, but my H doesnt do that when its low, it just wont come up. H is too far from home right now to get it over there. So what could we have done wrong, or missed when we swapped this pump from one tractor to another?

Thanks in advance! It will be tomorrow before I have computer access again!

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: M Belly Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Removing and transporting the pump possibly got a piece of trash stuck in the pumps valving.
If the lever to stop stud distance on the tractors are different, the rod length could be allowing the hold position to actually be the lower position. Jim

John B.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: M Belly Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like you may not have got the lever back on the pump shaft at the same (clock) location. I may be wrong and I'm not sure if that lever is keyed on the shaft or not. Haven't looked that close to mine. I'm on crutches right now or I would go out and take a look.

Richard I.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: M Belly Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We swapped out the pumps in his workshop, with a concrete floor, so I dont see how trash could have gotten in there, but I guess its possible. I dont know about the control rod but I know theres literally no "hold" type of position at all anywhere you move the rod to. Its either all the way back, which is up, right, or the baler drops down. I cant manually make it hold up.

Richard I.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: M Belly Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, youre right, but if I move it to the next "set" either way, its too far foward or too far back. We even tried it with out the rod connected and it still does it. This is really strange because it was working fine about an hour before we swapped it and Geralds M threw a rod. I know just enough about them to be dangerous!!

sflem849
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: M Belly Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Richard I. wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:17:55 10/10/12) We swapped out the pumps in his workshop, with a concrete floor, so I dont see how trash could have gotten in there, but I guess its possible. I dont know about the control rod but I know theres literally no "hold" type of position at all anywhere you move the rod to. Its either all the way back, which is up, right, or the baler drops down. I cant manually make it hold up.

Trash that was in the resivoir, not new trash.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.