Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WD45 cotton picker air cleaner?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David R Inman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: WD45 cotton picker air cleaner? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Seen the WD45 shown in the Craigslist add to day, and was wondering if the odd looking air cleaner top it has and odd grill are evidence it was one a cotton picker?
Guy must be a little desperate to sell too, I sure would NEVER call a single front rare, lower production maybe.
Untitled URL Link

Aaron SEIA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 cotton picker air cleaner? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would say a single front WD is rare. Suppose the line between "rare" and "low production" is about 1 one machine, though. She needs a lot of work, but I'd say the price is right given the single front.
AaronSEIA

David R Inman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 cotton picker air cleaner? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guess being a native arizonan I guess I've seen so many
single font thactors ( AC included) that Im a little less willing
to call it rare. Plus, single fronts use to be hard to sell. Guess
collectors are slowly changing that.

Butch(OH)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 cotton picker air cleaner? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Without spending any time at all looking at it I saw enough missing parts to call it a parts tractor worth whatever you deem the single front worth and $300 for scrap,, But! good ones are easy to find here, maybe not out there? and I know not one itty bitty thing about cotton picker WDs, if they only made 5 and it can be IDed then that makes a huge differance in value.

David R Inman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 cotton picker air cleaner? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Personally, I agree, 750 is high. We bought a WD, with loader, non running at the time, but with a turning motor and a few year old new tires for 1100. I can't imagine getting the one shown up and running for 450. I do think the soecial grill and air leaner neat, but not neat enough to buy.

Will Herring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 cotton picker air cleaner? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some interesting points of note...

1) The front grille and air filter seems very bizarre. Cotton perhaps as was mentioned here? But wouldn't a corn picker screen be just as good? With screens for the sides as well? More of a nitpick than anything though.

2) Single front tire is kind of neat.

3) Straight shifter? Not curved? Are we sure it's a 1954 WD-45...?

4) No kidding it doesn't run. I see no distributor cap, carb, rear fenders, PTO shield... The list goes on... Trying to figure out what the box is behind where the carb should be though? And what the heck is up with where the throttle/hydraulic levers should be?

5) That... Pink... And... Blue...

I have no good feel that the thing would crank over, seeing as how I can't see if the thing has plugs in it at all...

Last edited by Will Herring on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ernie McAlexander
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 cotton picker air cleaner? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Iwas of the opinion that wd"s and wd45"s had hand clutches this one seems to be missing this component,just saying .ernie

Tramway Guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 cotton picker air cleaner? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The box below the manifold is a voltage regulator for the generator that is not original...

Albert Goerzen

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 cotton picker air cleaner? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This unit has been raped and pilaged. Every where you look, somethings missing or been bastardized. The grill and cleaner look like they were made in a tin basher shop.

Bob Oehler

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: WD45 cotton picker air cleaner? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The ignition looks like a mag. straight shifter WD not WD45

My 2 cents
Bob O.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.