Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

800 Series Power Steering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan C
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: 800 Series Power Steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I currently have a 1956 Ford 850 without power steering with a front end loader. I would like to add power steering, from a manufacturer like Jackson Power Steering. However they are either too busy or have gone out of business, have tried to reach for over three weeks by phone and e-mail with no response. Does anybody know of another manufacturer that provides power steering with the use of front loader other than Jacksons.

I would even entertain a power steering set up off a newer 600 or 800 series, however I do not know if the shocks would clear the loader, it is hard to find a complete power steering set up used, or you have to buy the hole tractor which I do not need. I know I have seen other kits for power steering online but they do not provide the kit for tractors with a loader.

Any ideas, I could always go buy a tractor with power steering and sell the one if have, however I know what I have know, and do not have allot invested, don't want somebody else’s problems just power steering.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 800 Series Power Steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

either find a unit that is being junked due to blown engine or bad trans ( sos ).. etc.. and strip the ps from it.. or as you said.. get a unit with PS.. perhaps get one with PS.. then swap your loader over and keep your good tractor... everyone needs an extra tractor!

ps.. as i heard.. jackson has has some health issues.

GlenIdaho
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 800 Series Power Steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are interested in the Jackson Power Steering the best time to call Roland is early am or evening. He can be difficult to get a hold of. He"s not a big operation and is basically a one or two man operation.

alg
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 800 Series Power Steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

check out tractorpowersteering.com.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 800 Series Power Steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ryan,
You seem to have pretty well pegged your options.
Buy a different tractor, spend a pile of dough for either a Jackson kit or an original setup which you have to sort out, piece together and install.
I put PS on my 3000 6 or seven years ago. Bought a tractor on ebay, drove to eastern IN to pick it up, switched the steering when I got home and then sold the IN tractor.
Funny how PS doesn't add or subtract much from the sale price but it sure adds a Lot of value to your own personal tractor.
I've had it for a few years now and would take PS on one of these tractors over LPTO any day.
My pal Ken could fix you up here in the Twin Cities if you wanted to buy an original kit and kaboodle.
He'd want an exorbitent price for it but he might trade a bit off for your old steering parts.

Welcome to the Ford Board.

Jim.UT
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 800 Series Power Steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Find a junk tractor with the parts you need. Harvest the PS system and part out the rest. You might end up with money in your pocket.

DuaneDog

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 800 Series Power Steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ryan...I am in the exact same situation with my 861. I was hoping to get a resolution from Jackson or the other site mentioned but have run into the same roadblocks you have with the lack of response. If I come up with a solution I will update this thread and would appreciate the same from you...thanks all

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.