Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oliver Super 55 diesel

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan Flowers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Oliver Super 55 diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am looking at an Oliver Super 55. Here is what I know about it: It ran good 7 months ago but the injection pump was leaking so the owner took it off to repair it and never did. Is this because parts are hard to come by for it? Rear tires are almost new and front are in good condition. He is asking $600 for it. What is your overall opinion on this tractor? I am brand new to olivers. Thanks! Morgan

Brad Metcalf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

$600 for the whole tractor? BUY IT

Morgan Flowers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, for the whole tractor. Seat is missing and so is the alternator/generator. Would parts for the injection pump be so scarce that it would be hard to fix?

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Holy CRAP! $600.?? I just paid $1000 for a gasser that needed a total overhaul,bearings in the steering box,a clutch and pressure plate,new rubber seat torsion spring and some sheet metal and I was doing BACKFLIPS to get it for that.

All parts are easy to get for it. If you don't take it,you'd darned well better do the right thing and tell the rest of us where it is!

Brad Metcalf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are not interested I am parts should not be
hard to find

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Haven't had one of those pumps done in a while,but my brother rebuilt the last one we had as a project in his college diesel mechanics class.

Morgan Flowers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a pic of the tractor. I am interested in it and will probably go pick it up this weekend. Anything I should ask him about before then?

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd just ask him if he has any of the missing parts. The grill strip,center hood strip and radiator/gas cap doors are available new,but not free by any means. If he has them,I'd sure be getting them.

Morgan Flowers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="rrlund"](reply to post at 01:00:39 10/10/12) [/quote
He says he has the grille. If I decide not to buy it and anyone else is interested in it I will give them the information. It is located in Middle TN.

Josh in Pa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Everyone seems to think this is a steal, and I have fallen for my share of fixer uppers, and have never come out ahead on one yet. For a project, go for it. For a user, I have found the cheapest in the long run is to go find the nicest best cared for one you can find.
Josh

Morgan Flowers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, I just realized I have a really busy weekend ahead and would have trouble getting the tractor home so I have passed on it. I also realized that there are many parts that would have to be bought for the tractor and while it has several things going for it like price, tires, etc. I think I am going to have to pass on it. I am more looking for one to fix and the missing parts really add to the price when you start piecing one together. If anyone is interested in it just let me know. Thanks for everyone's input, Morgan.

Brad Metcalf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Morgan I am interested send me an email Thanks Brad

Farmritch
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I remember seeing this tractor on E bay a year or 2 ago I remember the John Deere theme

Tramway Guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not all parts are easy to get; the hydraulic head in the injector pump is getting scarcer by the minute. If it seizes and breaks, you have to find a used one somewhere since new ones have not been made for quite some time.

J.Wondergem
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver Super 55 diesel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like the tires alone are worth that price.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.