Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1070 chisel plowing tonight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: 1070 chisel plowing tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well everyone, I got a 10' chisel plow from a coworker friend of mine to work up my soybean ground. It is a BushHog chisel plow. Very heavy well built little piece of equipment. I buried it as deep as the 1070 would pull. She did a great job. Could have used the stone box full of rocks for some extra weight though. Sitting in the 1070 took me back many years ago when I used to ride with my dad in the Fall in the neighbor's 2470 moldboard plowing. I really enjoyed that time with dad, even though he passed away in 1998. I love to hear the roar of the 70 series tractors hard at work. Music to my ears.
Kow Farmer

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 1070 chisel plowing tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad to see you enjoying time behind the wheel of that classy 1070, one of lifes simple pleasures. Those chiselplows can fool ya if they get socked in a little to deep can't they. When I got the 13 I thought oh boy this thing is unstopable. I tried out a chisel, set it deep, dropped it in, Stopped the 13 in its tracks, well forward motion anyway. Just sat there and dug holes. Rod.

1370 pwr in ne
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 1070 chisel plowing tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

aaah!life is good.just curious what gear? 2nd and 2nd? doesnt look like any mud on your tires either.

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 1070 chisel plowing tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have really got that plow sunk in deep! You can see the tires buckleing there. lol It's always fun to get to use the toys.

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1070 chisel plowing tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Jon,
I wanted to give the ol' 1070 a workout. And it did too. That is the first time I ever chiseled plowed this field. It was hay ground for many years before.
Kow Farmer

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: 1070 chisel plowing tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was going in 2nd first. I did 2nd 2nd when I could. It worked good though. Really pulled hard.
Kow Farmer

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: 1070 chisel plowing tonight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1370Rod,
Funny thing you say that about dropping the chisel plow in the ground. I did the same thing. WOW! A little chisel plow like that made the 1070 stand still and dig holes too.
Kow Farmer (Kurt)

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.