Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

case 600 problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sww011
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: case 600 problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have rebuilt the engine had the injection pump rebuilt and the injectors checked. I have also cleaned the precumbustion chambers. the tractor will start and run on 3 to 4 cylinders and as it warms the other cylinders come in so the engine smooths out and runs ok. this process takes about 20 minutes every time you crank it.

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: case 600 problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like bad injectors or low compression. If the fuel doesn't squirt into the power cell engine properly it won't superheat and ignite. Also, low compression can cause poor ignition and as it warms up the pistons swell and seal.

dirondack case guy

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: case 600 problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree that compression is the problem. I presume you replaced rings, or sleeves, pistons, you didn't say. I am also assuming that you stagered the rings around the pistons. If all this was done, I would hook it to a dyno and properly break in the engine under varying loads. We had problems with new tractors, sold in late fall and sentenced to manure spreader duty for the winter. If they didn't straighten out during spring tillage, we put them on the dyno, removed the aircleaner eliment and sucked borax off a table spoon into the engine. That deglazed the cylinders and seated the rings. Our Case Territory Service Rep. tought us this little trick.
Loren

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: case 600 problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tell us about the valve job. New seats & valves, or ground seats & valves.

sww011
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: case 600 problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was thinking compression myself. I have just replaced pistons rings and sleeves. I also staggered the rings. My brother told me to hook it to a disk and work it good. thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Zach81
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: case 600 problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m with John.....sounds like a valve job. Did you not have this done during overhaul?

Zach81
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: case 600 problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m with John.....sounds like a valve job. Did you not have this done during overhaul?

Roger S
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: case 600 problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you have cleaned the first stage fuel filter, and replaced the secondary and third stage fuel filters. Install an oil pressure gauge where the small line is by the secondary fuel filter. You should see 15-20 lbs pressure. If you do, my opinion is the injectors are eighter sticking, or have a poor spray pattern. As the motor warms up the injectors can free up, and or the fuel will ignite easier if they aren"t spraying correctly. It"s just my opinion.

sww011
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: case 600 problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ground seats and valves.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.