Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Government farm payments!!!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDseller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Government farm payments!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The post below about the milk support payments reminded me of the site that lists all of the government payments that farmers receive.

As I posted below I take ZERO direct government payments. I do not want to be owned by the government.

So go to this link and look up the guys that you know that farm around you. See if they are on the government gravy train. Many around me have gotten a million plus in the last ten years. Many of them are not that large of farmers either. They just knew how to milk the program.

The farmers getting these payments are no different than the welfare dead beats. If corn had been way below the cost of production the last few years it would be different but they still where getting payments while grain was at record prices.

So look some of these up. See if your blood pressure goes up.
Farm payment list

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Government farm payments!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That list can be quite inaccurate - some of the 'paymnts' are loans that are repaid, those were not accurately credited in the list.

Wonder how much govt gravy John Deere has gotten over the years, tax breaks, grants, TIF deals, cleanup-grants, etc, to keep you employed?

Care to reveal that list? :)

--->Paul

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Government farm payments!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Surprised to see that I'm number 19 for my zip code. Those milc payments that I got for those few years must have really skewed the average,because I sure as heck haven't been getting $4055 a year in DCP. That one year that LDP was so high probably made a big difference too. I'm thinking there was only about 2 years that I even got that one.

Greg1959
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Government farm payments!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IIRC, those payments listed, cover a 15-16 year period. So it is total payments received.

tomNE
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Government farm payments!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i checked mine a few years ago....it included a loan on grain that i took out when prices were really low. funny thing; they never credited the repayment or interest money....i'd call the list rather inaccurate!

lloyd in sc
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Government farm payments!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just a little thin skinned here aren't we. They used to list by name from largest $ down. Lot's of media talking heads , ted turner types & political types. that got shut down & this site come up.
Some others don't like to be embarased either...

Dave Sherburne NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Government farm payments!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You forgot to mention Solindra GM and all those other corporations that are on the dole.
Personally if I were eligible I would take all the government would give me. Look at the list you gave and don't forget the gov. buys condoms and birth control and all kinds of crap. fo rwelfare recipients. I think you will find farmers are a small part of government waste

BigTone
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Government farm payments!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Before you go shooting your mouth off and start calling people dead beats, allow me to educate you on the term "Dead Beat." A "dead beat" is someone who takes assistance from or advantage of a person or program without a TRUE need for the assistance or ZERO intent on repayment. When a person/people accept financial support and refuse to properly use that support, then said person is a "Dead Beat." With milk prices dropping, grain/corn prices rising the family farm has to fight to stay alive. I can tell you the money recieved on our farm goes to good use (what very little we recive), and the guys working the farm, 7 days a week, all day, work very hard for little pay to provide our local community(s) with quality local milk, cheese, and other dairy products from a FAMILY FARM, not a CORPORATE FARM. Watch "Farm Aid" and tell me those folks do not deserve a little help.

Want to know what gets my blood pressure rising, people who make blanket statements and include good hard working gentleman and ladies.

NY 986
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Government farm payments!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've already checked a while ago for the immediate area I am in and already know close to three quarters of the farmers here have taken payments regardless of political stripe. Some are hypocrites as they criticize others as they take payments themselves. Some of the ultra conservatives would say if you can't meet production costs then you should not be doing a given enterprise. If you have to sell out then that is what needs to happen according to them.
Frankly, there are things with respect to competing farmers that make my blood boil a whole lot more. One is the crop insurance program which is an indirect subsidy as your premium is subsidized to your insurance carrier. The crappier BTO's would be a lot less aggressive if the government was not there to cover their reckless gambles. Also, some of them should be paying more taxes to cover the deficits that have been run up to enhance their way of life just as well as everybody else has benefitted. Not much you can do about the ones that have a gimmick like shady money or exotic financing to make their operations run.

tjiniowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Government farm payments!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty hard to compete on renting land against the big boys if you don't take the payment, and some landlords want to keep the payment also, which they are not entitled to. What is the DCP this year a big $20some bucks, not much for me with a couple hundred acres. I am sure most of these payments you are all so worried about will be gone with the next farm bill because some farmers are making too much money.

W4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Government farm payments!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All of a sudden I have the shakes after looking up the ones from Genesse County Mich.You ruined my day!!! W4

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Government farm payments!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WOW !!! The grand totals for just a few of the guys in my area are stagering.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Government farm payments!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My name is nowhere to be found.

Dean

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Government farm payments!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Really pizzes me off! You can't run it as a business then you shouldn't be doing it!

One guy on the lrst is my former tenet, guy is always yelling about how much it cost to farm and how little he makes but he always has some new piece of equipment......345,000!

SO what if JD Corp gets some tax breaks? How many tax payers do they hire counting the dealerships? The guy above hires no one, takes the money and then trys to get out of paying any taxes.......he's called a farmer.

Why is everyone getting the money trying to justify it? You didn't do a darn thing to earn it! That's my tax dollar!

Rick

dave2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Government farm payments!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

oldtanker wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:27:54 10/10/12) Really pizzes me off! You can't run it as a business then you shouldn't be doing it!

One guy on the lrst is my former tenet, guy is always yelling about how much it cost to farm and how little he makes but he always has some new piece of equipment......345,000!

SO what if JD Corp gets some tax breaks? How many tax payers do they hire counting the dealerships? The guy above hires no one, takes the money and then trys to get out of paying any taxes.......he's called a farmer.

Why is everyone getting the money trying to justify it? You didn't do a darn thing to earn it! That's my tax dollar!

Rick

people skills are failing a little there DAT Rolling Eyes

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.