Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(stuff)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
larry@stinescorners
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: (stuff) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got home early,and just got to thinking about Dave 2 s post on cleaning up
(stuff)
, Then I thought of some of the farm auctions I have been to and listened to everyone comment on the amount of (stuff) at the sale, Then I got to thinking of how much (stuff) I have. I have collected (stuff) over the years,leftover blocks,masonry supplies,dumpster finds,garage sales,auctions,and things from my late father,. I have (stuff) along the edge of the woods,in a 2 story chicken house,and in sheds. When I kick,and my wife and daughter have the auction(probably two weeks after) the people at the auction will be shaking their heads saying,how the he## did one guy haul all this (stuff) here!!!

LenND
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: (stuff) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey! Join the crowd. Do you think your different than me. You want a little more? lol

MarkWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: (stuff) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hey Larry
Will be lotsa widows and family members saying the same about most of us and picking up something and saying what the heck is this!

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: (stuff) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LOL, I got stuff too. Got to move this month so ALOT of my stuff is not mine anymore. Kinda lookin forward to resupplying tho.

dave2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: (stuff) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just been shakin my head as I carry box after bucket of stuff out and throw it on the wagon... Stepson lived with us for a few years.Seeing where he has gone thru every inch of the place and opened/helped himself to whatever was there...... Even if it was just to tear it up........ Doing less sorting and more throwing as the aggravation grows.... Just a quick "dig" for obvious tools or something special and on the wagon.......

JerryS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: (stuff) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The really bad part is that much of it is junk, and you know it is junk, and you know you'll never use it, fix it, restore it, etc., and yet you can't make yourself throw it away.

I do have some really nice old things, though, things that shouldn't be thrown away. One of my bucket list projects is to photograph, label and price my good stuff (antiques, tools, guns, relics) so that when I go toes up the wife won't just call Sanford and Son to haul it off.

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: (stuff) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LOL I spent so much time in my life packing and moving cause of the military that every so often I go through things and get rid of crap that I know I will not need.......until 2 weeks after it's gone!

Rick

donjr
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: (stuff) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My tool shed runneth over----

CLYDE MASON
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: (stuff) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

joke in family is i hope i am the first to go because all of us collect and would have to clean out stuff for the one who ?????

Keith Molden
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: (stuff) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I always thought that's what we are supposed to do. Hang onto it, just might need it some day. Course that day never comes. As an Auctiponeer, I've heard the above mentioned things said by several widows, sons and daughters and on lookers at the sales. BUT, you'd sure be surprised at what some of that stuff will bring at auction. One mans junk is another mans treasure (and I've got alot of treasures (in my mind LOL) Just my thoughts, Keith

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: (stuff) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had a good sale before we moved 2 years ago. Told wife and brother that when I'm gone, brother is to load up my remaining tools and take them to our nephew on the farm. My wife won't have any use for tools so that is the most practical way to dispose of them. I sent a pickup load of tools to my nephew when we moved, but he can use more on the farm.

dave2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: (stuff) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keith Molden wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:05:48 10/10/12)As an Auctiponeer

Heard of Shamrock Auction Services out of Athens??

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: (stuff) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its not 'stuff' its "Assets"!

Keith Molden
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: (stuff) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes sure do know Pat Sheridan of Shamrock. Wife went to one of his auctions last week & swore she'd never go to another. His daughter was selling & guess she's just not in the same class as daddy. LOL. Pat does do a pretty good auction. Keith

dave2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: (stuff) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keith Molden wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:25:10 10/11/12) Yes sure do know Pat Sheridan of Shamrock. Wife went to one of his auctions last week & swore she'd never go to another. His daughter was selling & guess she's just not in the same class as daddy. LOL. Pat does do a pretty good auction. Keith

Is he a Mason by any chance??? He was my FFA teacher and subed quite a bit as bus driver on our route.... Sure never took any poo off smartalleck kids like me.....

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.