Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

two more added

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: two more added Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We got back late last night with the two "new" items for the farm
1st a very nice low houred 832C with Case "70" loader
and second a good useable "915" Case discer Seeder
they were both in Canada and Thank GOD for friends like John Alhers as he saved my bacon by going across the boarder and moving the 832 and 915 to Havre MT as well as a 711 for Tom Huston, I went up and loaded the 832 and we both came here John hauling the 915, we did some swapping and now the 832 is all mine!!! THANK YOU JOHN!, have to say also a big THANK YOU to Jason K as he told me about the 915, the trip was fine other than long as I drove 1286 miles round trip (John will have closer to 3000 when he is home)over 1000 miles yesterday alone, I must add a THANK YOU to Moodie Implement of Havre also as they allowed us to use their lot as a dropping/loading point JR is a great guy, anyway will quit boaring you with the story but is good to be home cnt

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: two more added Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Which province did you visit ?

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: two more added Reply to specific post Reply with quote

they were a Medicine Hat Alberta cnt

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: two more added Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is the 915 the same vintage as the ED press drills? Good score as I would love to have a seeder like that. Know where there is a older model, but don't want to sell. Is John going to post a picture of his find??

Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: two more added Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice stuff! The 70 loader sure is clean, you won't find one of those like that around here.

Jim in Sask
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: two more added Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congrats on the purchases. I don't think I've seen an actual Case disker even though I'm in the heart of what used to be disker country - much of the development of the disker took place locally. Farmers needed something to seed the heavy clay soil without pre-working which drills necessitated. Tilling ahead of drills dried out the clay rapidly in the spring and the crop would be sparse if rain was delayed. I've read a couple accounts of disker development and a small town museum at Rouleau, Saskatchewan has a number of the originals that were made in farm shops and village blacksmith shops. They were the predominant seeding tool in much of prairie provinces until being replaced by air seeders and air drills. I'm one of the few old fossils left that still use diskers for seeding and I can't complain about the crop they grew for me this year. Hard stubble fields are their downfall. In areas with lighter soils farmers often did cultivate once before using the diskers.

That 830 should be a good match for your 15-ft. disker (they are measured by width of nominal cut, not box or frame length).

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: two more added Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the 912/915 units shown up in the 1960 buyers guide, then in the 1967 buyers guide they show a additional unit that covers 18' the "ED" units were only made very late 69 and 70, but I am sure they also still made the discers in 69 and 70, the one I have has cast feed cups were as my "ED" drills have aluminum cups as did all the late production units, so if you find one with those cups that would be "ED" vintage, my guess would be any with the late cup would have the "70" series logo not sure about John posting I will let you chat him up I never post pics unless I have permission hope I answered your questions thanks for the comments cnt

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: two more added Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congradulations, It's great when a plan comes together. John told me he was headed north on a mission, glad everything worked out for you guys. It looks like nice stuff. My 1470 came from Kansas and the orriginal owner told me they used it to pull a oneway, I had no idea what in the heck he was talking about, I did'nt want to seem stupid so I never asked. Rod.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: two more added Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like you we have ED drills, and thought the seed box on the 915 looked like the ED drills.

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: two more added Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like you did very well. I'm sure the "new" machinery will be very much at home at your farm.
Kow Farmer

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: two more added Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did Case make different Buyer Guide's for different parts of the country? Among others I have 64, 65, 68, no 67. But all they show is lister drills, not disc drills. Maybe Straw Boss has an idea on the subject.

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: two more added Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think in Ks they call an offset disc a one way. I may be wrong, but I,ve heard them called that.

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: two more added Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congratulations!! nice finds. Do you think you will use the discer?

Jim in Sask
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: two more added Reply to specific post Reply with quote

casecollectorsc wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:59:13 10/10/12) Did Case make different Buyer Guide's for different parts of the country? Among others I have 64, 65, 68, no 67. But all they show is lister drills, not disc drills. Maybe Straw Boss has an idea on the subject.

Case must have used regional guides. I have 1966, 1967, 1969 and 1970 and all have 2 page spreads about the diskers. Here's scans from the 1967 guide - sorry they're chopped a little, too big for my scanner.

Jim in Sask
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: two more added Reply to specific post Reply with quote

jon f mn wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:41:16 10/10/12) I think in Ks they call an offset disc a one way. I may be wrong, but I,ve heard them called that.

Up here diskers were called various names (some not printable). The term "Disker" was actually copyrighted to Co-op Implements so Massey called their "wide level disk harrow", John Deere was "surflex tiller" etc. Prior to diskers there were one-way tillers with seed boxes, they had much larger disks and didn't have multiple gangs. In the US there were one-ways like the Krause. They were quite a bit heavier with larger blades and I think, used only for tillage - I've never seen one with seed boxes.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.