Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WOODS auger 1120 grease/oil

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Norris
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: WOODS auger 1120 grease/oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I borrowed a WOODS 1120 hole digger from a friend and it worked well once I got it mounted with ya"lls help.

See topic;

http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=ferg&th=99372

Now I am ready to return the auger and want to service it before returning.
The owner doesn"t know what kind of grease to use in the gear head and I can"t find anything on line.

Suggestions?

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: WOODS auger 1120 grease/oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go to Google and type in "woods pto equipment" then have fun looking.

Don Norris
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: WOODS auger 1120 grease/oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you Richard. I looked as you suggested and didn't find an answer to my question. I looked on line for a long time this morning before bothering ya'll. If you saw the answer to my question in the location you suggested, then please,, I need a bit of a hint as to where to look. I'm old and I'm getting a bit cranky.

Don Norris
Southeast, NC
1954 TO-30

trac
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: WOODS auger 1120 grease/oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if it's like any post hole digger that i had used it's 80 or 90 weight gear oil should be fine.

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: WOODS auger 1120 grease/oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can't find now what I saw earlier but I am sure it was showing 80-90 gear oil. check out this site and I think it is #25 you want.
http://www.odelltractor.com/pages/OemParts?aribrand=LPD#%2fWoods%2f1120_Post_Hole_Digger%2fQuick_Parts_Reference_List%2f266%2fAS-1076

Don Norris
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: WOODS auger 1120 grease/oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you both for speding time to help me.
This is a good site because of the likes of you both.

Don
Southeast. NC
1954 TO-30

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: WOODS auger 1120 grease/oil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hope the gearbox box does not need any oil,
but if it does need to be topped off.

you never go wrong in using john deere or case ih corn head grease.

it is a great lube for all most all gearboxes and even thought it comes in a tube like grease it is a much thinner type lube material.

one of the best lubes for gearboxes out there, many use it in old bushhog gearboxes or hay rake gearboxes that leak, the cornhead grease will lube the gears and not run out like gear oil.

check it out.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.