Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off topic....a year since my last cigarette

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tempola
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Off topic....a year since my last cigarette Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its been a year today since my last smoke,and feeling ten years younger. The first three months was hell. Now i rarely get a craving. I can remember going down the pulling track many times with a smoke between my fingers..thats no good.
Now im not one of those anti smoking nuts,and i enjoyed smoking. But the doc said i was in the early stages of emphisema( i mispelled that) my latest checkup showed no signs of that, and outside of a little scarring, my lungs look good. Plus i no longer get winded. So thankfully, and hopefully, the grim reaper will be much later visting me

bp4455
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Off topic....a year since my last cigarette Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Praise the Lord! Im glad to hear any time anyone kicks an addiction. Besides the health benefits, you can direct the fortune you spent on cigs into your tractor pulling or even charity. THe world could sure use charity these days.

6pack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Off topic....a year since my last cigarette Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tempola wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:33:57 10/11/12) Its been a year today since my last smoke,and feeling ten years younger. The first three months was hell. Now i rarely get a craving. I can remember going down the pulling track many times with a smoke between my fingers..thats no good.
Now im not one of those anti smoking nuts,and i enjoyed smoking. But the doc said i was in the early stages of emphisema( i mispelled that) my latest checkup showed no signs of that, and outside of a little scarring, my lungs look good. Plus i no longer get winded. So thankfully, and hopefully, the grim reaper will be much later visting me

Good job!
Cool

tempola
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Off topic....a year since my last cigarette Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think every smoker will face the piper at some point,as to quit or die soon or a horrible death. And that quote :when you cant breathe,nothing else matters: is absolutely true. But insane as this sounds. If i ever find out i am about to die, the first thing im going to do is enjoy a smoke! Strange how the things a man enjoys can kill him. I enjoyed smoking......but i enjoy living more...thanks guys.

Dodgeit
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Off topic....a year since my last cigarette Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tempola wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:57:36 10/11/12) I think every smoker will face the piper at some point,as to quit or die soon or a horrible death. And that quote :when you cant breathe,nothing else matters: is absolutely true. But insane as this sounds. If i ever find out i am about to die, the first thing im going to do is enjoy a smoke! Strange how the things a man enjoys can kill him. I enjoyed smoking......but i enjoy living more...thanks guys.

Give it another year and you'll feel different about that as well. Congrats I knew you could do it.

puln70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Off topic....a year since my last cigarette Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's great.
I finally quit some 25 yrs ago after trying 5-6 x
and now I can't stand the smell at all,food tastes so much better & I got real healthy now & can jog w/o getting winded.
I would highly recommend it esp after seeing how my Mother died from it,I also had 2-Uncles & a Grandfather that had lung cancer.
I always thought it couldn't happen to me but as I got older I guess I wised up.
Good Luck to all!!!

ShaggyM

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Off topic....a year since my last cigarette Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good for you!
I quit 15yrs ago and started back up again for a real short time!
I remembered why I quit and glad I did!

Dblair
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Off topic....a year since my last cigarette Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the first time I quit it only lasted 5 years , I thought I could smoke just one and I couldn't , this time I haven't smoked since 1991 . I still like smoking and keeping that in mind I won't smoke again . good luck on your addiction

baldwin racing
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Off topic....a year since my last cigarette Reply to specific post Reply with quote

congrats andy,
I'm not a smoker so.....I dont have anything against anyone that does smoke, but i can tell you this budy now you can buy even more parts or tractors with the money your saving on the cost of your old cigs....;)

kelly

Oliver 88 Puller
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Off topic....a year since my last cigarette Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congrats Andy! I quit smoking in 2003 and quit dipping Copenhagen June 28th this year. Its a tough habit to let go, and anyone with the will power to do so should be recognized! Congrats and good luck.

potsie33
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Off topic....a year since my last cigarette Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congratulations!!!

Eldo case
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Off topic....a year since my last cigarette Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Smoked my last in early 1980. I liked them then and think they STINK now. Can smell that stuff a long way off. Have a truck that a smoker had and can still smell it in it. Watched father-in-law die with lung cancer. He turned black form lack of oxygen and on full oxygen and window open with a box fan blowing on him in February. Not my way to go. Keep up the work and you will enjoy more of life and have more money to do it with!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.