Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help finding a part for something

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeremyR
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Need help finding a part for something Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was given a 10000lb Harbor Freight winch, by my FIL. It needs a "bearing plate" even though it has no bearings. Harbor Freight told me the part is no longer available. I hate to get rid of it as the rest is in good shape. I think one from the 8000 pound one will work. This one was named "road shock"
I keep hunting Ebay and Craig's list with no luck. I hate to junk it. would be handy to have around.

Jeremy

retired farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help finding a part for something Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Whatever it is, you could probably have a machine shop make one for you.

Lou from Wi.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help finding a part for something Reply to specific post Reply with quote

See if you can get hold of Chicago Electric, they used to make them(winches), and might have some NOS parts still on the shelves somewhere, or they might know of a replacement part.If not maybe they could give you a print for it and you could have the local Iron workers make the part or you.
We make alot of our own parts, as long as we have a print or picture to go by.As an example we built a 30 ton log splitter from just a picture.
LOU

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Need help finding a part for something Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is no "Chicago Electric". That's one of the various house brands Harbor Freight stamps on their Chinese junk. Presumably Chicago Electric is a takeoff on Chicago Pneumatic, but unlike its reputable namesake, Chicago Electric has no connection with Chicago, Illinois, USA. Apparently HF really likes Chicago Pneumatic, as they copied not one, but two of their brand names from CP, the other being the infamous "Central Pneumatic".

Stephen Newell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Need help finding a part for something Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its more than just a plate. You need the entire Roller Fairlead. Harbor Freight still sells wenches so I would try to fit a roller fairlead from a current model to yours. You might have to add steel or weld the fairlead to yours but I bet it can be done.

The diagram is for the smallest wench HF sells so I know it wouldn't work for you. I just thought it would give you an idea of what to look for.

Billy Shafer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Need help finding a part for something Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Chicago Electric generator. That a customer brought me. Fours years later I am still trying to find parts for it. You may have to toss the winch.

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Need help finding a part for something Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MarkB_MI wrote:
(quoted from post at 02:35:27 10/12/12) There is no "Chicago Electric". That's one of the various house brands Harbor Freight stamps on their Chinese junk. Presumably Chicago Electric is a takeoff on Chicago Pneumatic, but unlike its reputable namesake, Chicago Electric has no connection with Chicago, Illinois, USA. Apparently HF really likes Chicago Pneumatic, as they copied not one, but two of their brand names from CP, the other being the infamous "Central Pneumatic".

Harbor Freight also did a rip-off of the Lincoln tombstone welder, and called it a Chicago Electric. The Folks at Lincoln were not impressed. They sued, and Harbor Freight lost.

Dalex
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Need help finding a part for something Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just googled "fairlead a$$'y " and several different ones come up .Maybe you could adapt one from another brand ? It's just the roller guides for the cable, you could make different mounts for it ...

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Need help finding a part for something Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not all fairlead/winch rollers are mounted to the winches.
Try This

JeremyR
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help finding a part for something Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its not part of the fairlead. Its a cast part that is between the drum and gear box.

Jeremy

36 Coupe
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Need help finding a part for something Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It costs money to stock repair parts.Most import machinery has no parts back up.When you can get parts the prices are sky high.When I sold stoves a new grate sold for 16.00 now its 95.00.I sold a stove that could burn coal for 250.00.The door for that stove costs 335.00 now.I see many parts marked up 100%.Son and I cleaned up the shop.I was surprised at the small engine and TV parts I have left that will never sell.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: Need help finding a part for something Reply to specific post Reply with quote

36- put all those parts on Ebay. They WILL eventually sell. I swear, you can find anything on there if you are patient.

jackinok
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Need help finding a part for something Reply to specific post Reply with quote

just a idea,could you take the part you have , drill it to a larger size and fit a brass bushing?if its cracked or broken,you could get it welded up probably,

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.