Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What will it Cost to Overhaul a 134 Engine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCTractors
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: What will it Cost to Overhaul a 134 Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Has anybody done a overhaul job on a 134 engine lately. I was wondering what I might have into it. Thanks

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What will it Cost to Overhaul a 134 Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Overhaul or rebuild?? An overhaul is rings rods and mains if the crank is in spec. Now days it is getting hard to find an over haul kit but rebuild kits can be found all over the place. If you can find them I would guess over $700 if not $1000

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What will it Cost to Overhaul a 134 Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sleeved or sleeveless?

Farm out or do it yourself?

Dean

Kurt-NEPA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: What will it Cost to Overhaul a 134 Engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A lot depends on what you have to do. I just did my 134 on my 660 for about $1000. That included the engine overhaul kit and a set of bearings from CNH. I was lucky - my crankshaft was good, but needed .001 and .002 oversize bearings that where only available from CHN. That cost me about $200 over aftermarket standard bearings.

My 134 was the early version with sleeves, so I need to get a sleeve puller too. The later 134 engine did not use sleeves. Unless the bore is very good, I would figure on a trip to a machine shop and use over size pistons and rings. The good news is that the kit is cheaper without the sleeves.

If your crank needs work, that another job for the machine shop.

Unless you have the micrometers and know how to use them, I would take the block and crank a machine shop to have it checked. While there get the block dipped in their tank to clean it and have it Magnafluxed.

Our host site sells engine kit, you can check out the prices if you click "tractor parts" on the upper left side of the screen.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.