Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

400 hydraulics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill in IL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: 400 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Finally have my 400 out of shop after paint, TA and 12 upgrade just to name a few.

The hydraulic valves are allowing my implement to leak down. I know it's not the cylinder on this case.

What does it take to refurbish these valves? Do I need to just find a used one or maybe even swap it with one of the other two? Are the valves even rebuildable?

D Slater
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: 400 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know the location of the remote with leakoff. For the rear this block bolted to the standard lines was used and plumbed in. This check keeps fluid from leaking back through the valve and can be used in other locations. If you have the check block there's a problem with it or its plumbed wrong.

Last edited by D Slater on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Hugh McKinney
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: 400 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where can you get one of those check blocks? Thanks.

Hugh McKinney
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: 400 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that a home-grown three point hitch? If so, could you send some more photos? Mine came with only the "floating" drawbar and I've always wanted to outfit it with 3 point. Thank you.

D Slater
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: 400 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats a 2 point like used on a 350 ETC. adapted to a SH. I also use it as a 3 point with a top link anchor I made and some different slide in adapters. You can make up mounts for 3 point hitch arms to tractor and use part of the fast hitch parts for lift.
Also modified the front 2 point anchor to bolt a plate and block on to stop forward and back movement of the hitch. If I need the traction control option on the hitch I unbolt the plate. Hydraulic block is found on tractors that had a fasthitch installed.
Couple of pictures.

Last edited by D Slater on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.