Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DC pressure plate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsidersag
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: DC pressure plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anyone know where to get a pressure plate for a 53 DC with live power and hand cluth?

Stephen Newell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: DC pressure plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try John Saeli. email him at jsaeli@rochester.rr.com

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: DC pressure plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got a disc rebuilt by Hy Capacity. Maybe check with them on the pressure plate also.

longcases

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: DC pressure plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Whats wrong with your pressure plat? Not much to go wrong with them.I have some in tractors,I think I saw a loose one the other day,I will check.

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: DC pressure plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

google ,,,ky clutch,they rebuild everything and ship too.........

outsidersag
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: DC pressure plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you get it set so it got good snap when you push it in,it wont release rite. dont want to stop and grinds going into gear

D G Wells
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: DC pressure plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

j, Look up "Case LA Tractor Split" in the Case discussion search box and you will see how the hand clutch is put together or taken apart. The LA may be similar to the DC. ---Derrol in Texas---

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: DC pressure plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you have it out of the tractor, or just looking before you pull it appart? Sounds like one of the pins fell out. Had a 930 std. do that. Installed another pin through the hand hole. Not simple, but easier than splitting. Those wet clutches do not wear out. Problem should not be that hard to find.

Dale in nw wa.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: DC pressure plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You might check the ajustment bolts or screws that work the preasures plate fingers. On my 53 DC with foot clutch one of the heads broke off and it would not go in gear> Before it broke of it was a bear to get in gear about had to shut off motor to get in gear Good luck Dale

outsidersag
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: DC pressure plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its still in the tractor. I will look if a pin is out

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: DC pressure plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I had mine apart, the rivets had worn off and a piece of the disc had overridden the rest of the disc, making it double in that spot. When trying to adjust, had the same problem you're having. Hy- Capacity rebuilt my disc, as they said the disc for live power DC's is hard to find?!?

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: DC pressure plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

did you adjust your pulley brake? It affects the throw on the clutch fork. If you can't fix what you have I have a 52 with live pto that I have been parting, or better yet I could sell you a pretty good 53 dc!

outsidersag
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: DC pressure plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its Kieth Wicks tractor. Not sure if he adjusted the pulley brake. I got a nice 53 DC, 54 SC and a 42 VC at that sale by Mitchell a couple weeks ago.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: DC pressure plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I didn't hear about that sale. Maybe a good thing as I am planning on thinning out my collection instead of adding to it!

outsidersag
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: DC pressure plate Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went only for the SC. Cant pass up good deals i guess!!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.