Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William Fissell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi, All,

changing out the online fuel filter for the original-style sediment bowl on my 640. I have the sediment bowl but not the 3/8 hollow bolt that attaches it to the carb.
can't find the part on this site, only on CNH. Wanted to check before I went to CNH.

thanks!

Bill

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The banjo bolt is CNH only.

Dean

William Fissell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thx. Banjo?

6t6cuda
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Banjo is a common name for this type of bolt.

They are used on brakes as well, so (not sure) it might be worth looking at the "help" section of your local autoparts store - they may not be long enough.

It should be easy enough to make if you had to. Just remember to start with a grade 2 bolt or you will have fun trying to drill it...

awhtx
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Part Number 86531362, $20.02 at Messick's.

William Fissell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks! I can;t seem to mail order form the CNH site, though I could almost be certain I did once before.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not possible. You must order through a CNH dealer.

Dean

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ditto that.. just 90% center drill then cross drill a gr2 bolt.

RickB
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most fittings that banjo bolts fit through resembles the musical instrument. Doesn't necessarily apply to this application.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did a Google search and found that part number on just 8n's for a $17.50 if it helps.
Gaskets for it sold separately.

awhtx
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll make them and mail them to anybody that needs one for $12.50 each, postage included.

Scott PA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

NewHolland only has the hollow bolt anymore for the 1958-1964 small diameter sediment bowl, unless that is what you are installing on you 640, the cross drilled hole is at a different location between the two and it will starve for fuel if you do not keep them matched.

36 Coupe
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You need 2 copper or fiber washers on each side of the sediment bowl.I drilled the center hole deeper and drilled a new cross hole on mine.I made all the measurements and offered to post them.No interest.Cant see paying twenty bucks for a part you can make for twentyfive cents.You do need a drill press and vise.I put all the measurements in one of my notebooks.Now if I can find it Ill make you one for postage cost.I spent 10 minutes modifying my bolt so making a new one should take about the same time.

36 Coupe
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Too much money for a 10 minute job.

wayne-N-Ind.
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: part No for hollow bolt that holds sediment bowl to carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

36coupe I like your price on the bolts. I have a 860 & I changed the carb. not sure I have the right bolt.it did have a large carb on it. it isa ford Industial eng.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.