Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stuck 5000D fuel injector!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Stuck 5000D fuel injector! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got all my injectors out, with the exception of the last one! I used PB blaster but still can't get the last injector out. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ed1

awhtx
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck 5000D fuel injector! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In know that the injectors on my 861D are held in with 2 bolts but I've never looked at my 5000D injectors. If they are held in with bolts, remove the bolts and crank the engine over and let the compression blow it out. Be sure to cover the injector with a heavy rag so it doesn't get damaged when it blows out.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck 5000D fuel injector! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try what Alan suggests.
They do get really stuck down in the hole sometimes.
Being a carpenter I have a couple of cat's paw nailer pullers around and used them on the stuck ones.

ed1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck 5000D fuel injector! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I have a cat's claw and will give it a try. Also I like the idea about blowing them out.
Ed1

Brian Allen
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck 5000D fuel injector! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They can be a real PITA sometimes!
Keep trying, it will come out, like Ultra mentioned small crowbars or even wedges will get them moving.
I would tie it, to keep it from disappearing, if you try turning it over to get it out.
I tap on them (using brass or something soft) as a drift.
Brian

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck 5000D fuel injector! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Usually a pair of 2' or so long 'injector bars' are required. I forget their proper name... but they've got a rounded heel something like a cat's paw only a lot stonger and half the width... As long as you get the heels of those bars placed well on something firm the injector will come out... or the ears will come off. That will also happen if you pry unevenly...

Rod

Bern
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck 5000D fuel injector! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You're wasting your time trying to blow it out by cranking the engine. There is very little surface area on the end of the injector tip.

If two prybars don't do the trick, find yourself a big punch and a BFH. If the injectors are held down by studs and nuts, remove the studs. Take the punch and locate it in one of the hold down holes, and hold the punch at about a 45 degree angle to the head. Use the BFH to rotate the injector in the bore. Rotate it back and forth a few times to break lose the rust, and then pry it out.

If the injectors are NOT going to be rebuilt, tighten down the lower nut on the injector, otherwise you'll have a leak.

THE LIMEY
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Stuck 5000D fuel injector! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

To remove my injectors i used a slide hammer. Just removed the top nut off the injector and screwed a threaded adaptor onto the external thread, then screwed the rod of the slide hammer into the adaptor and with a couple of upward taps out it came.

ed1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck 5000D fuel injector! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Houston, we have the injectors out! I took my cat claw and tapped it lightly with a hamer and it popped out . Thanks guys for all your help. The injector pump and the injectors are going to the shop.
Thanks,
Ed1

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.