Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Misc. 1270 field pics.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Misc. 1270 field pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A sunny morn. seemed like a good time to take a few pics. I am disking soybean stuble which will mix in the straw and fall applied fert. Most people around here use a chisel to accomplish this task but my 1440 does not have a straw chopper so the disk helps shorten long straw which will plug my old field cult. in the spring. Theres a couple field shots, a tractor shadow, disk, a mirror shot of work done and a view from cab top of wind towers in the distance. The closest tower is about a mile away. Rod.

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Misc. 1270 field pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod,
I can't believe how sharp looking your tractors are. I can't tell you that enough. You really must take great care of them. They look like new. Wow, that is a lot of wind turbines down your way. There are a few up here in my county. Not anything like your neighborhood though. Thanks for sharing the pics. I always like to see field work in different parts of the country.
Kow Farmer (Kurt)

1370 pwr in ne
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Misc. 1270 field pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

very nice looking 1270. how long have you owed it?looks like it has been well cared for.how many hours?

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Misc. 1270 field pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This tractor had been repainted before I purchased it about 3 yr ago. The tack had been replaced also and only shows 1500 hr so actually hrs are unknown. It sat unwanted on a JD lot, I got a very good deal as the rear radials were almost new. The tractor needed alot of TLC but nothing serious. It runs and starts great. Rod.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Misc. 1270 field pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kurt, thanks for the nice comment on the tractors. I do try to take good care of them as they will have to last through my farming career, hopefully another 10 yr. I have no intentions of replacing them. I will be farming with antiques, that OK I really enjoy operating them and I have been fixing 70 series tractors for 40 yrs., that helps. As for the towers, we have 130 to our north and plans are to put about that many to our south. Rod.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Misc. 1270 field pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great shots Rod and yes I too think she is a beauty of a tractor and I too share your "love" of the "70" series tractors, a 1270 was a tractor we sold one of and that was first year production so they have always intriged me to see a 1370's little brother working is a great site thanks for sharing sorry for the "return" to the "70's" mindset cnt tom

hardscrabble
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Misc. 1270 field pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m normally a JD guy, but I think the 1270 & 1370 were the sharpest tractors from the Case line.

shinnery
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Misc. 1270 field pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice Tractor, mine are all Prarie Gold except a 67 580CK TLB. Just had to comment as out here in west Texas we are getting quite a few wind turbines. The writer in our local paper wrote an article with several references to wind turbans. I got tickled and corrected her with an additional comment about where the turbans needed to be kept. She got all upset because I failed to sign my email. LOL
Bryce
Rolling Eyes

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: Misc. 1270 field pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with that, if I could not drive CASE I would be on the prairie gold bandwagon. Rod.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: Misc. 1270 field pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have to agree, Their styling still is good looking even after 40 yrs. Rod.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: Misc. 1270 field pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nutty, The 70 series were the first new tractors I liked as a kid, I've made a desent living servicing them all these years, and farmed with them for 20 yrs. I have no doubt they will use one to deliver me to my grave. LOL , Rod.

tomturkey
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: Misc. 1270 field pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod, where do you live/farm? gobble

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Misc. 1270 field pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Morning, Tom. This is windy and now very, very dry SW Minn. near Worthington. Rod.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Misc. 1270 field pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I forgot to add, you certainly know of Worthington, the proclaimed Turkey Capitol of the World! Rod.

Rich Iowa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Misc. 1270 field pics. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm more of an Oliver guy but some tractors just draw my attention, these Case 70 series happen to be one of them. Nice pictures, makes me want to jump in the tractor and do the work for you. Before I read you were in SW Minn., I would have guessed northern Iowa from all the wind turbines.
I don't know much about the Case line so pardon my questions. What kind of power you getting out of that 1270? Does that cab have noise reduction material inside? What type of transmission and how many gears does the 70 series have?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.