Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

F3 straw walkers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doug Wi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: F3 straw walkers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got a 83 F3 that the straw walkers plug with cobs in corn.the decal on the grain tank by the cab says corn/soy. I read in the archives here that the corn/soy combines have screens on the walkers to prevent this. this one doesn't. looked at an F2 at a auction and it had the screens. Is this something that can be removed and replaced ? Or is my machine mislabeled?. Doesn't seem to bother much. Very little corn on the ground . Just such a pain to have to pick all those cobs out before starting in small grains. thanks for any insight on this.

JDseller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: F3 straw walkers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check your operators manual. Some of them had rods or screens that you added in corn depending on your straw walker. Also if your combine manual does not show it check your corn head manual. Gleaner was bad about putting the combine stuff in the header manual for each crop.

Also there are three different straw walkers that I have seen for the F series combines.

Tim(nj)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: F3 straw walkers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The screens can be removed. My K2 uses the same walkers (just 1 less in width). Shoup used to sell aftermarket walkers for these machines, and somewhere along the way, my K2 got one of them. That one has perforated lips in a piece of sheet metal instead of grating, and doesn't need a screen to keep cobs out. I wish I could find 2 more of them.

gbs
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: F3 straw walkers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

our's was doing the same thing with the cobs hanging in the walker holes i couldn't find any info on the wire inserts ,two off the walkers needed repairs when i remove them i saw what was left of the wires ,they were about 3/16 in diameter run the length of the walker down the center of the over size opening in the walker spaced apart in at least 6 places with a piece of the same rod welded across them, held in place by a spring steel wire clips,i bought some rods from the welding shop welded spacers across them, then tied then to the walkers with re-bar ties,we don't remove them to harvest other crops ,don't know what the purpose was for such large openings in the walkers to start with

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.