Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT: dog died today

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grapeview8n
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: OT: dog died today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our Dalmatian, only 6 years old, came with us on a 5 hour trip to see our grand boys. She was fine, came in to see the boys, had a siezure and died in our arms. I tried CPR etc, but to no avail. Don't know why I'm telling you all. Guess I just need some sympathy. It won't be the same working the place with the 8n not having her to keep track of me.

ok bill
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: OT: dog died today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sorry to hear about your loss,we lost a good friend 3 years ago and still miss him,animals are gods gift to man, bill

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: OT: dog died today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Such a young age too. That's tragic.
It's never easy to lose a friend like that.
You certainly have my sympathies.

Bert L
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: OT: dog died today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is one very precious photo. Every pet owner here will recognize your loss as their own at some time or other. I'm certain that your posting here today will prompt many of us to take a little extra time to fully appreciate the loved ones in our lives, animal or human, and express our thanks for their presence.

36 Coupe
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: OT: dog died today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Border Collie died at 9 years old.Had him to 3 vets.I went out the next day and got a Border Collie pup.Thats the best cure for a lost dog.A pup will keep you busy and take you mind off the lost dog.My first Border Collie had a siezure but recovered.You have to be careful about a dogs food.Some feeds are loaded with bone meal that is undigestable.My dog stays in the house with us and is allowed on the couch.He has a dog bed in our bed room and wakes me every morning.Get a new pup and give it a good home, thats the best thing you can do.

01BIRDDOG
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: OT: dog died today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had to have my dog put down about a month ago after having him almost 15 years. Man, i could still cry right now but i am going this Sunday to get a 5 month old female Blue Heeler with her tail. I think most of us know how bad it is to loose our dogs.

Bob - MI
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: OT: dog died today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You just never know when the end will come. You are blessed not having to watch her suffer from some disease and see her deteriorate before your eyes.

We had to put down a beloved companion after 11 years due to kidney disease about 2 years ago. Bailey was a shelter dog that we got as a pup and she was a fantastic companion.

Even though we have now adopted 2 new shelter dogs we still miss Bailey every day.

I am sorry for your loss and can relate to the heartbreak that you and your family feel. That is a beautiful picture that you shoud cherish.

grapeview8n
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: OT: dog died today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you all for your responses. She wasn't the first companion we've lost, and won't be the last. It just seems to be harder the older I get. We're looking for another already. If it's going to be harder with the next one, I hope she outlasts me.

Billie R. Smith
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: OT: dog died today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Prayers my friend.

Gregorius
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: OT: dog died today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know your pain, my 13 yr old Springer died last night, he crawled into bed gave a sigh, and was gone. We tried CPR as well but he was gone Sad

Our prayers are with you and your family.
Regards,
Greg

rodgernbama
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: OT: dog died today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss. They truly are man's best friend. I lost my dog a couple years ago and buried her on the farm.

Jim WI
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: OT: dog died today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure which hurts worse -- having one die suddenly or after a long illness. Been through both. My sympathies are with you. Remember the good times.

grayrider

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: OT: dog died today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Feel your pain, sorry for your loss.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: OT: dog died today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

36 coupe wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:59:03 10/13/12) My Border Collie died at 9 years old.Had him to 3 vets.I went out the next day and got a Border Collie pup.Thats the best cure for a lost dog.A pup will keep you busy and take you mind off the lost dog.My first Border Collie had a siezure but recovered.You have to be careful about a dogs food.Some feeds are loaded with bone meal that is undigestable.My dog stays in the house with us and is allowed on the couch.He has a dog bed in our bed room and wakes me every morning.Get a new pup and give it a good home, thats the best thing you can do.
Good advice, 36coupe! You can more or less replace a dog but your SOL when it comes to child, grandchild, etc.

Mark Z
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: OT: dog died today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Grapeview8n wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:54:12 10/13/12) Our Dalmatian, only 6 years old, came with us on a 5 hour trip to see our grand boys. She was fine, came in to see the boys, had a siezure and died in our arms. I tried CPR etc, but to no avail. Don't know why I'm telling you all. Guess I just need some sympathy. It won't be the same working the place with the 8n not having her to keep track of me.

It is so sad when you lose a friend like that, they were part of your family and there is no shame in telling friends how it hurts but think of all the good times you had. Mark Z

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.