Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ford with 2 sherman levers?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lisa K
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Ford with 2 sherman levers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am looking at a ford 8n which appears to have a sherman lever on the left and right side and the gentleman says it has the cable for the sherman which i don't understand. I can't figure out how to upload pics but would be happy to email the pics if someone can help me out. Thanks

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Ford with 2 sherman levers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

lisa they have to be on a site such as photo bucket to do a upload i try to post them later if you want to email them to me at noriskman3@yahoo.com, im very curious as to what you have found lol

Lisa K
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Ford with 2 sherman levers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

email sent!!

Lisa K
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Ford with 2 sherman levers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pics
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc358/princess2443/059.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc358/princess2443/057.jpg

Dell (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Ford with 2 sherman levers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lisa........the is only room for 1-Sherman aux tranny. They tried the dashboard mounted "BALL" shifter design with flexible armored cable and that FROZE the inner cable and rendered the ball shifter inoperable. So many Shermans were converted to regular 2-speed installations with the shifter lever over yer left toe. ........twinkle-toes Dell

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Ford with 2 sherman levers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lisa K wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:08:10 10/13/12)
Pics
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc358/princess2443/059.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc358/princess2443/057.jpg

You almost have it. You need to wrap each of the photobucket URL's above in a BBCODE image tag like this:

[img]Your_Image_URL_Here[/img]

Here is what you get after you add the tags.

TOH

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford with 2 sherman levers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't see the lever on the right side Lisa.
I do see the lever on the left, and the cable, so as Dell said, maybe converted from the froze up cable.

Last edited by Royse on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lisa K
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford with 2 sherman levers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was just wondering what the lever on the right side is just below the air cleaner? I know there is only room for one. Thanks for fixing the pics!

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford with 2 sherman levers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Royse wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:54:22 10/13/12) I don't see the lever on the right side Lisa.
I do see the lever on the left, and the cable, so as Dell said, maybe converted from the froze up cable.

Look right below the air cleaner.

TOH

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford with 2 sherman levers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TheOldHokie wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:03:36 10/13/12)
Royse wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:54:22 10/13/12) I don't see the lever on the right side Lisa.

Look right below the air cleaner.

TOH

Ah, I see what you're pointing out TOH, I just can make out what it is.
I tried blowing the picture up, but as usual it gets too grainy for me to see clearly.
Any chance we could get a closer picture Lisa?

R Geiger
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford with 2 sherman levers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is the right side lever connected in any way to the left brake?

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford with 2 sherman levers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

lisa sorry i didnt get back on i had a emergency here and just got back to the computer looks like you got them posted though my thoughts is the lever on thge left side is actually replacing the cable on the dash 1 sherman only to a n which is plenty , let me know if you want the other pics posted

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford with 2 sherman levers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ive tried blowing up the pic of the right hand lever to distortion, but i cant see what its attached to clear either, can you get a pic of this lever real close? i dont know if it was a attempt to operate the sherman from the right side, or if its doing something else

Lisa K
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford with 2 sherman levers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is a tractor we were possibly looking to purchase so no go on a closer pic unless i can get the guy to go take a closer one. I tried enlarging the pic on my computer too and it gets too distored. I will work on getting a new pic and post back.

Lisa K
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford with 2 sherman levers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is the combo transmission. He took the pic too high on the right side. So now my question is... He came down to a grand for the price. It's 4.5 hours from us. Fenders are decent. Previous owner had a problem with the sherman not wanting to come out of whatever hi or low that he had it in, so the guy that has it now just got it into whatever gear he could and left it like that. Didn't sound like he knew about pulling the lever out. Is it worth the time and money?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.