Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

first try at picks picking corn

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjd12000
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: first try at picks picking corn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been picking corn for high moisture ear corn don't have
much time between chores so today and yesterday used two
pickers and fill six wagons then haul them two or three at a
time back to grinder and silo. Hauled all six back today at
once. Looks neat I think.

wascator
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: first try at picks picking corn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is some beautiful land; paradise.

Dalet
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: first try at picks picking corn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is the first 4430 I have ever seen with HFWD without a cab.

Kerry50
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: first try at picks picking corn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did a double take when I first saw the pic with the 6 wagons, lol. Awesome pics, where are you located?

cjd12000
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: first try at picks picking corn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They were empty and tioga county ny. Field is 5 miles away
so it saved a lot of time.

cjd12000
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: first try at picks picking corn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its a friends he helped me out this week by picking some.
My brother and step dad ran the pickers today. I get the
easy job unloading.

agman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: first try at picks picking corn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it makes me cringe thinking of trying to keep tires on all those wagons without spending more than the wagon is worth, seems with my older equipment the tires are worth more than the equipment, great pics and thanks for taking the time to share

the tractor vet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: first try at picks picking corn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

many years back i did something close to that. we were baling hay for a guy about 10 miles from where i was farming and when done i hooked my 450 to the 269 N h baler then the three kicker wagons and a 40 foot elevator behind the last wagon , I was about five miles from the farm when i met a new friend driving a white Ford with Fancy lights on the roof , he did not see the humor in my bright idea he gave me a written warning for over length and explained to me that only TWO wagons behind a tractor and only one behind a truck. Two year later the same bear stopped me for exceeding the SMV speed limit while pulling two gravity wagons loaded with ear corn I was told that with a SMV sign on a wagon was 25 MPH not the 45 that i was doing With the oliver 88 with a 67 Ford 390 4 bbl and he also said something about the exhaust being to loud from the headers with no mufflers. I thought it sounded really great pulling the hills . Some people have no sense of humor.

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: first try at picks picking corn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great pics, glad you got it done, I'm east of you and the weather has been uncooperative for any outside work. One good think about NY thought, is it's beauty!

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: first try at picks picking corn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been a long time since I saw a wagon train, used to see 3 wagons sometinmes but they made that law back in the 1970's perhaps, 2 hitch pins at most?

Couple years ago a fella was bringing 3 wagons in to the elevator - he was combining corn next to the elevator, and didn't have to take public road, the 3 wagons and tractor _just_ fit on the semi scale. These were the 600 bu wahons, he got real close to the 120,000 scale limit.

Neat pics.

--->Paul

Jay in China
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: first try at picks picking corn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great pics, you wouldn"t happen to be around Apalachin would you? I saw an International and a JD that looked alot like those two, hauling silage wagons a couple weeks back. They were staging at the same place we were parking out our construction equipment. Off of 17c.

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: first try at picks picking corn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a NI 324 gaterer with a 326 husker unit. How's it working? Just bought one in superb condition.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: first try at picks picking corn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

cjd,
Neat photos.

How in the world does one turn a corner with SIX wagons in tow? I think you should have shot some video.

Dave from MN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: first try at picks picking corn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

only 2 wagons behind the tractor? oops? I was pulling 3 behind the 1086 for six miles the last few days to finish and fill a bin. I thought it was 1 behind a truck and up to 4 behind a large tractor?

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: first try at picks picking corn Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only 2 implements behind a tractor, was supposed to be only one but then you could not pull a wagon behind a baler or picker so was uped to two implements. still only one behind a truck.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.