Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT CRF70F motorcycle carb.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom N MS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: OT CRF70F motorcycle carb. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

New one is identical to the old one but inside the throttle slide hole there is an insert that will not let the slide go in the last 1/2 inch. can this be removed? Anybody know a good cycle forum that will respond?? Thanks

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: OT CRF70F motorcycle carb. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can not be 100% sure on this since it has been a while since I messed with motorcycle carbs but. Make sure you have the slide turned just right. Many of those had a slot that, that insert runs in and is not lined up it will keep the slide from dropping all the way

Tom N MS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: OT CRF70F motorcycle carb. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Old, yes that is correct..had it all lined up -wouldn"t go so looked at the old carb and it does not have the insert--looks like brass sleeve about 1/8 thick and 3/8-1/2 tall--keeping the sl;ide from going in that same distance.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: OT CRF70F motorcycle carb. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guess there is no easy way to remove that inset?? With out messing up the carb that is

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: OT CRF70F motorcycle carb. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I might be asking why it is there? what purpose?, etc. rather than how can I remove it. Pretty fair chance that is did NOT go like this" hey fellas, we got some extra money to burn....see if you can think of something useless that we can throw into one of our carbs."

ZANE
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: OT CRF70F motorcycle carb. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom, I don't know why that would be in the throat where the slide goes but I do know how to give some relief that might let you pull the extra piece out of the slide throat.

Take a small propane torch and gently heat the outside around that insert and the aluminum will swell considerably and loosen up the insert maybe.

Maybe drop in a couple of ice cubes while heating to help the inside keep cool.

On old motorcycle carburetors that the slide has stuck from sitting up a long time this trick works every time.

Zane

Tom N MS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: OT CRF70F motorcycle carb. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Simply will not work with the slide--u get a new main needle etc but u use your old slide--should be a 2 bolt deal--I"VE CHANGEDM BECUILT A FEW OVER THE YEARS...WHATEVER THEIR REASON STOPS THE SHOW TILL i CAN MAKE SENSE OUT OF IT.

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: OT CRF70F motorcycle carb. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TOM N MS wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:22:23 10/14/12) Simply will not work with the slide--u get a new main needle etc but u use your old slide--should be a 2 bolt deal--I"VE CHANGEDM BECUILT A FEW OVER THE YEARS...WHATEVER THEIR REASON STOPS THE SHOW TILL i CAN MAKE SENSE OUT OF IT.

Manufacturer's help desk is usually a lot better than YT for things like this.

TOH

Tom N MS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: OT CRF70F motorcycle carb. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yea, and u know u will wait forever and if u lucky u get a person who knows less english than a 2 yr old...I figured it out..Thanks

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: OT CRF70F motorcycle carb. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So G what did you do to it?? I have to rescue the boy this afternoon when his Yamaha 750 would not run as it should, clogged fuel filters by the way

Tom N MS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: OT CRF70F motorcycle carb. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was a case of dummyism and can"t see..they actually had dropped the new slide in the slide throat..turned it over and bumped it and it fell out...glad you got John going again..gotta get mine(1100 Shadow Spirit) to the shop..Bomagas got to it when I didn"t ride it much last summer--not running good at all..hadn"t ridden it any this summer..

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.