Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pics ofM whats it worth?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Pics ofM whats it worth? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm out of projects. Weird i know. This is for sale 1 hour from my home. Is it worth buying and what would you pay for it? Thanks Kent

Greg K
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics ofM whats it worth? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Am I seeing right? Looks like hydraulic steering with no steering wheel. It should be worth a little more than scrap price in my mind. What is the reason for the "aftermarket" front end?

Bill Lisbon
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics ofM whats it worth? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That front end looks like slobovian 4 wheel drive. I would pay no more than $1000.

Andy in Ohio

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics ofM whats it worth? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like its a log splitter project to me:} Wouldnt offer more than 700 for it unless it doesnt run good, then scrap price. Interesting piece though. Good luck

rankrank1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics ofM whats it worth? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only thing that I can imagine being useful for is an improvised log skidder. Might be useful for that to a small timer.

John A.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics ofM whats it worth? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

kennell, IMO, If it runs $1000 + - a little! If not running, but loose $800! if stuck $500, or scrap wt - your time and effort to get it moved to your place.
Cool project if you get it traded for!! Could be / Might be a 4x4 project if you could round up enough or the transfer parts that run off of the belt pulley position! and find a front end of some kind! Hope this helps.
Later,
John A.

Jason the Red
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics ofM whats it worth? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a Wardner tractor to me!!! Smile

kennell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics ofM whats it worth? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The seller says the m has 3 pt hitch, hydraulic steering,over sized tires and a mint engine. they are asking 1650 for it. I might have to test drive it. that might be quite an experence. LOL Kent

tractor vin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics ofM whats it worth? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

as soon as I saw it I was thinking the same thing,but warden does a nice job,NOT MORE THAN A $1000

IH fan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics ofM whats it worth? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The guy that has it thinks the "extras" are worth something, when in reality it's worth less, unless he has the original parts/pieces to go with it. I'd think $1,000 would be tops with all work to put it back where it's usable. You could sell a few of the spare parts, but if the original front end and steering are not there, the extras probably won't sell for enough to buy what you need. If the front were "powered" and not just for looks, you might be able to make something special, but apparently it's not.

bob7337

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics ofM whats it worth? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would try to buy it and shorten the hoses and make it a little more pleasing to the eye.It for sure has a look all its own. Everybody has a regular farmall M, but that one has a look all its own. More fun to have something differant than the average person would own.

Lucid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics ofM whats it worth? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It does have that "Let's go muddin!" look to it. Wink

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.