Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clutch Facing Material???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldfarmall
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Clutch Facing Material??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello-

I am trying to find if someone has a source for reasonably priced clutch facing for balers. I have an IH mccormick model 45 baler. I need to replace the friction slip clutch facing that is on the flywheel. Original part number was 30718D. Can't find this anymore.

The dimensions of the facing are 9" O.D.x 5 5/8" I.D. x 9/64" thick. Can anyone verify if this facing was used on other implements or tractors? Thanks!

Jesse

cooop
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch Facing Material??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try to find a clutch shop near you that relines
brake shoes and clutches. Also if you do find
somewhere like this, ask for a modern, non-asbestos
clutch material. good luck.

Bob Collins
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch Facing Material??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can buy clutch/brake material in the size you
want from Rusco-X Materials, Co. Inc in
Connecticut. (800) 550-7413. The stuff they sell
is non-asbestos. I have had good service from
them.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch Facing Material??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

check with JD, I found facings for my 200 Case baler there for alot less than Case wanted, Weasler made the slip clutches for IH, jd, Case ect.

JerseyJoe
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch Facing Material??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can also check Mcmaster Carr website,they may have what you need.

BobH in NH
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Clutch Facing Material??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check out HEDGEPETH SUPPLY
1406 HEDGEPETH ROAD
CANMER KY 42722
PHONE 270-528-2133
I posted here for clutch discs for my Ford 532 back in June 08 and received the following reply: "call me at 270-528-2133 ask for larry we sell slip clutch disks for 6-12 dollars each." I ended up not needing them so never called him. May be worth a call.

oldfarmall
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Clutch Facing Material??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help everyone on finding clutch facings for my baler. I did a search on Ebay and found a NOS set of clutch facings for a 1936 Oldsmobile car for $10.00. They are the exact dimensions as my baler facings. I just have to drill some new holes in the plate the facing attaches to and take it to a guy I know who has a rivet machine. Also, does anyone have any thoughts on some sort of adhesive to attach the facings to the plate instead of rivets? Thanks!

Jesse

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.