Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

box scraper

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arron guevara
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: box scraper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i am wondering if it"s worth the expense ($650) to buy a box scraper with rippers. i already have a good box scaper but it doesn"t have rippers so it"s difficult to grade anything that has sod or weeds because it tends to just hop on top the surface without digging into the dirt. i"ll use it a few times a year i guess. do the rippers make all the difference or am i just wasting money. any thoughts?

Sean Feeney
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: box scraper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Add weight onto your box when needed

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: box scraper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

does your box scraper not have holders for diggers and they are just missing in action?
note: they can fall out in rough hard gravel, if you do not have them pined properly.

i can adjust the diggers on my box blade up/down and then tilt the box blade forward, it will really dig.

Loosen up the soil or gravel, etc: then its much easier to level.

do not know what to say, i would want a box blade with diggers, if it was me.

can you buy one with diggers (used) then sell your old one, it would not bite so bad.

again i would want diggers,
Just my two cents worth!!!!!

i also have a scraper blade, do not use it so much now that i have the box blade,
this year i also bought a rock rake,

each tool has its place and does a good job.

arron guevara
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: box scraper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mine looks fairly old but very heavy duty and never had the rippers--i think it would be difficult to retrofit rippers as well. i"ve got it listed for sale now so i could use the proceeds to buy the new one, but i haven"t had any takers yet. i might try adding extra weight as sean suggested to see if that makes a difference, but it"s already so heavy that i"m doubtful. thank you.
Untitled URL Link

Dave_Id
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: box scraper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a little box scraper on my Kubota. (4 foot). The only time I ever used the rippers was for raking up brush after felling a bunch of trees. It really worked great. I reversed them, and raked the up in reverse.

Dave_Id
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: box scraper Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was a 5 ft. It's been 17 years

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.