Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Timing Injection Pump On A 4.203.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly MT
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Timing Injection Pump On A 4.203. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A friend is pulling the injection pump on his MF 65 with a 4.203 Perkins. Any tips for installing the pump?

MF#1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing Injection Pump On A 4.203. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pulled one off a 255 twice in last six months, both times for outside work. After marking the original pulley position all I did was line up the pulley on the gear and tighten it down. I had no way of knowing how many times it was turned while being repaired. I "suspect" they returned it to the same position I brought it to them and I certainly didn't rotate my engine. Magic? Luck? Does it even matter? All I know is both times it fired right up afterwards.

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing Injection Pump On A 4.203. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Make sure the timing mark is present on the pump mounting flange
and the corresponding one on the timing cover. then simply remove
the plate opposite the pump (on the front of the timing cover) and
remove the 3 bolts and washers to release the pump.The drive gear
cannot get out of mesh with the other gears and the pump will only
fit back on one way as the holes are offset. Line up your timing
marks and you should be good to go!
Sam

Andy Moncman

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: Timing Injection Pump On A 4.203. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I rebuilt my engine a few years ago the timing of the pump is not hard at all the gears are all marked and the flange on the pump and the timing case should have an allignment mark on them. Take a look before you pull it but they should be there.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Timing Injection Pump On A 4.203. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"IF" I was ever to do another one, as Sam says, there is a 'master key'? A double wide tooth at the cover, so that is impossible to mess up. But, if you are to tear the engine appart- as my Standard had no timing marks, I should have made my own in hindsight, and- before you remove anything, take the cover off the pump itself and check- photogragh- the position of the marks-letters in there- at a point- flywheel mark for tdc? and all this will save days when putting back together... mind you, none of this matters if it was dead or messed with before you got it, then all bets are off. But seriously, a digital camera is a good tool to have around for the re assembly, and if timing marks are not clear or present at all, make your own. good luck.

Dieseltech
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Timing Injection Pump On A 4.203. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pump drive gear has three bolts and a roll pin that locates in notch cut into drive hub for location. Just remove and replace using flange scribe line is all that is needed.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.