Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ih plow

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
martinlasecki

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: ih plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

there is a ih #510 3bottom plow for sale on craigslist mite buy if its a good buy for good proce are these good plows? pull easy? make nice furrow pretty sure its 16in. will b calling tomorrow to find out if for sale yet

thanks
martin..

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ih plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As far as I am concerned,an IH plow is the "best of the bunch".They pull 'easy',do good work,and parts are still available(Super Chief bottoms)

martinlasecki

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ih plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

same bottoms on my #312 then would a 706 gas be good for a 510good or little to small

JDseller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: ih plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A IH 706 should handle a three bottom plow fine in most soils.

martin lasecki

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: ih plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ok hmm well person wants 800 obo so see if he takes 500 cash? i only paid 375 for my 312 so ill see

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: ih plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, $800 is a little steep unless it's got all new iron on it... You can put $800 into it if you need to replace the moldboards.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: ih plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

evidently you have never plowed heavy cornstalks with a 720 ih and a 588 White in the same field in addition to more trash clearance the bottoms on a White doesn't cheat on depth like an ih does

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: ih plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

510's did an ok job but again not much clearance, why don't you just find a 565, 508, 548 Oliver/White plow? you'd be alot happier!

martin lasecki

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: ih plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i know oliver/ white make good plows grandfather had a 588gf that was 4 20"in. pulled it with a 986 and maybe 2255 oliver and had john deere trailer plows for his R and his T5 crawler so maybe wouldnt b a bad idea

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: ih plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Arund here,plow prices have gone crazy-through the
roof!

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: ih plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You're right. I've never plowed with a 720.I have plowed lots of corn stalks with a (IH)#314 and a #642.Never been a problem.I have also plowed some some with the (HI-Clearance)140.Somewhat better,but not a whole lot.The worst plow(IMO) for 'drag' and plugging have been the John Deere #825,835 and 4200.

wolfman
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: ih plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IH plows are about the best out there. They may pull a little harder than an Oliver or deere, but you gain when it is time to work the ground.

Shetland Sheepdog
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: ih plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One word "Kverneland"!
JMHO, Dave

martin lasecki

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: ih plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

well i cant find the add any more so getting it is a goner .. well my #312 got ran over today by a 1805 massey boss wasn't looking ahead and climbed right over top dug hole under the tractor dove it ahead on some blocks and pulled it out ..

martinlasecki

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: ih plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

he is now straightin the gauge wheel beam and gettin me a new moulboard and stratening the fast hitch arms...

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.